Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Weird Lux upright, anyone know anything?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

Weird Lux upright, anyone know anything?
Original Message   Nov 7, 2010 5:47 pm
Hey all.... I just bought an upright from Craig's List for 15 dollars....  Not a bad price for a Lux upright.  The thing is it's really weird looking compared to their other uprights, and I can't find ANY information about it online.... it's no on the Electrolux posters (the ones that show all the models made), and there isn't a manual for it on the Aerus web site.... if anyone knows anything about this machine, please tell me!  I'm going to go pick it up now from the friend that got it for me (I had to work the day the seller was available)....  Here's a picture I found from Google images just so you know what I am talking about. 

Thanks for any info you can provide, I do appreciate it!

This message was modified Nov 7, 2010 by Vacuumfreeeke
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
budmattingly

Re: Weird Lux upright, anyone know anything?
Reply #1   Nov 7, 2010 7:19 pm
Hi,

This was made exclusively for QVC the home shopping network. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago? I actually bought one back then, but don't remember what I paid for it. It came with a hose and above floor cleaning tools. Not the same quality of their original uprights. It does use the same bags as their original uprights. I believe it takes a different after filter. They may sell the after filters on the Aerus website.

Bud

Venson

Reply #2   Nov 7, 2010 9:03 pm
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
Hey all.... I just bought an upright from Craig's List for 15 dollars....  Not a bad price for a Lux upright.  The thing is it's really weird looking compared to their other uprights, and I can't find ANY information about it online.... it's no on the Electrolux posters (the ones that show all the models made), and there isn't a manual for it on the Aerus web site.... if anyone knows anything about this machine, please tell me!  I'm going to go pick it up now from the friend that got it for me (I had to work the day the seller was available)....  /DIV>

What's the model number?

Venson
This message was modified Nov 7, 2010 by Venson
Vacuumfreeeke

Reply #3   Nov 8, 2010 12:53 am
Thanks for answering so fast.... it's a model U160A.... Just got it and cleaned it up.... even came with the book (no attachments though)..... I do like it, but the power nozzle is super whiny (more so than my Diamond Jubilee, and that says something), and the handle and upper cord hook are flimsy... also the suction isn't tremendous, but Luxes never are.... handle is super comfortable though  :o)  Neat machine...
retardturtle1

Reply #4   Nov 9, 2010 7:57 pm
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
Thanks for answering so fast.... it's a model U160A.... Just got it and cleaned it up.... even came with the book (no attachments though)..... I do like it, but the power nozzle is super whiny (more so than my Diamond Jubilee, and that says something), and the handle and upper cord hook are flimsy... also the suction isn't tremendous, but Luxes never are.... handle is super comfortable though  :o)  Neat machine...

Lux uprights never have been known for their suction and airflow....yet their durability is hard to beat ..solid construction and ez to work on but i personally prefer a trri-force panasonic 585 or a riccar 8925..for pure power and deep cleaning.....just my view.

turtle

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42