Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
travstyles

Miele S2 Delphi
Original Message   Jun 16, 2010 9:56 pm
Hi everybody... Today I bought a Miele S2 Delphi, the model with the SEB-217 powerbrush. I considered buying it online--lots of places offered free overnight and no sales tax, but I wanted it today. Plus, it felt good supporting the city of Chandler, AZ with 43 dollars of sales tax and supporting a local business...

Anyway, I can post pics and a review of the machine if anyone would like it. It's very similar to other Miele canisters, with the 1200 watt 'Vortex' motor, crushproof hose, quality German construction, and virtually silent operation. Seriously--the 217 powerhead doesn't make a peep. I had to check a few times to make sure it was on. Quite the contrast from the Kenmore powernozzles that will rattle ones eyeballs out of their sockets.

One question, however: The manual states that the indicator on the SEB217 should glow green for normal operation, and red for abnormal. Mine does neither: it glows orange, but purrs quietly, grooms the carpet beautifully, and makes no extraneous noises. For anyone else with a recent Miele, is orange a normal color? Or, for anyone that owns a vac store, I'd be indebted to you if you get the chance to check on your display.

I have wanted a Miele powerteam for a long time, and the S2 series finally makes it semi-reasonable: 543 dollars out the door for a 7+1 year warranty, friendly local service, and a free package of GN bags--I thought that was very nice, considering you pay the same for a Miele no matter where you go, and these bags are 20 dollars a box. I've gone to some vac shops that won't even throw in a pack of generic paper bags when purchasing a Panasonic Platinum upright.

Trav
This message was modified Jun 16, 2010 by travstyles
Replies: 1 - 21 of 21View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 21 of 21View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42