Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Vac help--how old and how good is it ???

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
will_h

Vac help--how old and how good is it ???
Original Message   May 30, 2010 1:32 pm
Hi Folks

This is my first time on here. I stumbled on this site while trying to research a used vac that I'm looking at.  I currently have an aerus epic 3500 upright.  I like the machine, but would like to upgrade.  I'm looking at this used aerus guardian.  Can any of you pros tell by looking the approximate age?  Is this a good model or one to stay away from?  Would a brand new machine be significantly better than this?

I appreciate any and all input and info.

Thanks, Will

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
procare

Re: Vac help--how old and how good is it ???
Reply #1   May 30, 2010 2:48 pm
Aerus Guardian upright has been out about one year. More powerful than your Epic 3500. Has been a good machine and has a HEPA  filter than fits at your air exhaust. For more info you can go to the home page of Aerus. WWW. aerushome.com. Everyone that I have sold just loves them.  They hold up good .

Procare

will_h

Reply #2   May 30, 2010 9:39 pm
Thanks for your help Procare !
vacmanuk

Reply #3   May 31, 2010 5:14 am
I recognise that! Only its not an Aerus in the UK. I used to use one (black and red) in the 1980s as my first stint as a cleaner. These were great machines. Probably fuelled my desire later on for a Sebo without knowing it!
mole

Reply #4   May 31, 2010 6:14 am
How good is it?

These machines are as good as they get, Use a 2500 in my own home.

This same basic machine has been manufactured since the early 80"s.

All parts are still available off the shelf, Cords switches,duct hoses,brushrolls,type Ubags, belts last for years,Commercial cleaners love these machines because they can be serviced and put back into use within 1 day, Cant beat that .

Good luck
MOLE

PS the guardian upright uses the vortec suction motor , not as serviceable as the older modular motors, its about the only thing i dont like about the newer machines..........
retardturtle1

Reply #5   May 31, 2010 12:00 pm
mole wrote:
How good is it?

These machines are as good as they get, Use a 2500 in my own home.

This same basic machine has been manufactured since the early 80"s.

All parts are still available off the shelf, Cords switches,duct hoses,brushrolls,type Ubags, belts last for years,Commercial cleaners love these machines because they can be serviced and put back into use within 1 day, Cant beat that .

Good luck
MOLE

PS the guardian upright uses the vortec suction motor , not as serviceable as the older modular motors, its about the only thing i dont like about the newer machines..........

Totally agree...those things are solid...can take a beating like nothing else.....great machine. My only wish is that it had more agressive or replacable brush strips.

turtle

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42