Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

made in China
Original Message   May 9, 2010 1:35 pm
Is this true about high-end vacs being made in China?  I recently bought a new TriStar MG3 vac (NO, I didn't trade in my old CXL) & the data sticker says "MADE IN CHINA"  I guess this really is the end of Tristar?  Or did the end of TriStar happen when the EXL came out?
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: made in China
Reply #1   May 9, 2010 6:41 pm
What's the problem here? So what if high end vacuums ARE made in China? Not all of them are bad.
retardturtle1

Reply #2   May 9, 2010 7:28 pm
hooverman wrote:
Is this true about high-end vacs being made in China?  I recently bought a new TriStar MG3 vac (NO, I didn't trade in my old CXL) & the data sticker says "MADE IN CHINA"  I guess this really is the end of Tristar?  Or did the end of TriStar happen when the EXL came out?

Or could be the start of something better.......a new start. only time will tell.

turtle

hooverman

Reply #3   May 9, 2010 8:48 pm
Look at what happened to Hoover, Eureka, Electrolux, etc.  They all went to China & most of them aren't the same quality as back when they were USA made.  I should've bought a Royal or Kirby instead of the Tristar MG3.  Hope the new Tristar lasts as long as my old Tristar CXL & 23rd Anniv. Compact did.
Trebor

Reply #4   May 9, 2010 9:37 pm
Kirbys are now ASSEMBLED in Cleveland OH from parts sourced all ovber the world, including good ole PROC read the box.

Trebor
retardturtle1

Reply #5   May 9, 2010 9:57 pm
hooverman wrote:
Look at what happened to Hoover, Eureka, Electrolux, etc.  They all went to China & most of them aren't the same quality as back when they were USA made.  I should've bought a Royal or Kirby instead of the Tristar MG3.  Hope the new Tristar lasts as long as my old Tristar CXL & 23rd Anniv. Compact did.

Ive learned over the years to research and ask as many questions as poss,..consumer feedback/forums ect.  with time u may grow to like it.

turtle

hooverman

Reply #6   May 10, 2010 10:43 pm
here's a pic of my new Tristar.  I paid $820.00 (includes MiniStar power brush & extra filters/bags)  Will the HEPA motor filter fit the MG Series?

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42