Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
hooverman

Kirby Sentria
Original Message   Feb 2, 2010 1:34 pm
Is NOT worth the $ cuz it is a terrible cleaner; nowhere near the power of older Kirbys.  I saw a demo of the Sentria & it didn't touch any dirt from the carpets; couldn't even pick up anything.  Then I went over the same area with my Classic Omega & the 30+ yr old Kirby pulled out MILLENIUMS of dirt even thru the floorboard.  Why is the Sentria only 1/1000 as powerful as the pre-G Series Kirbys?  I don't think trading an old Kirby is worth anything; I think customers are fooled when they trade their older, more powerful Kirby for the worthless Sentria.  I've owned that Omega & no dirt can hide from a 30+ yr old Kirby!
This message was modified Feb 2, 2010 by hooverman
Replies: 47 - 47 of 47Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Kirby Sentria
Reply #47   May 3, 2010 11:30 am
Just wrote:
Neither had mine until my daughter introduced it to a shoe(s)  full of playground sand. 

I have been pushing a Kirby for neigh on 50 years and have always adjusted it one click beyond when the motor changes tone.  This has always been adequate.  IT was just an observation that it does not handle surface litter i.e. piles of sand like a machine that skims the surface.  HOWEVER, the Riccar is far outclassed in deep cleaning.  The Supralite is more of an Oreck size and design.  I feel it is more of a sweeper than a vacuum.

ETA--The Riccar makes a lot more noise, sounds like it will come apart, when it picks up sand.  The Kirby handles it in stride, just some tinks and pings.

I seriously think you under judge the Simplicity/Riccar Lightweights. The top of the line has a steel brushroll that is suburb AND has removable brushstrips. The noise is to be expected in that the Kirby has $500 more heavy metal to deaden the sound. These are really 2 different animals and to compare them really depends on the initial perimeters defined by the buyer. I really can't think of many vacuums so diametrically opposed in purpose than a Kirby and a Freedom. LOL
Replies: 47 - 47 of 47Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42