Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
harley121

GARRY VAC.
Original Message   Nov 17, 2009 3:55 pm
Their ad should read, "Garry JUNK Vac."!!  All I can say is DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!  When I ordered it, I know I was told that I could return it with in 14 days and THEY would pay the return shiping fee.  THEY DO NOT.  It did cost me all most $50 to try this light weight piece of junk.  RUN DON'T WALK FROM A GARRY VAC!

Bob R.

Baltimore, MD.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
retardturtle1

Re: GARRY VAC.
Reply #1   Nov 18, 2009 1:23 am
harley121 wrote:
Their ad should read, "Garry JUNK Vac."!!  All I can say is DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!  When I ordered it, I know I was told that I could return it with in 14 days and THEY would pay the return shiping fee.  THEY DO NOT.  It did cost me all most $50 to try this light weight piece of junk.  RUN DON'T WALK FROM A GARRY VAC!

Bob R.

Baltimore, MD.

Any chance you opened it up and checked out the motor/perf info off of it?....just curious.

turtle1

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #2   Nov 18, 2009 10:34 am
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2009/09/garry-ultra-light-vacuum-consumer-reports-review-best-vacuums-infomercial-dirt-devil-hoover-eureka-b.html

See video of Gary. Gary was the worst performing vacuum on carpeting of all vacuums tested by CR. As CR says, there are better choices. They point out that the "free bags" have a $9.95 charge for shipping and handling.

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #3   Nov 19, 2009 11:27 am
Severus wrote:
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2009/09/garry-ultra-light-vacuum-consumer-reports-review-best-vacuums-infomercial-dirt-devil-hoover-eureka-b.html<BR><BR>See video of Gary. Gary was the worst performing vacuum on carpeting of all vacuums tested by CR. As CR says, there are better choices. They point out that the &quot;free bags&quot; have a $9.95 charge for shipping and handling.

Thanks for the info Severus. I feel the whole Garry Vac issue stems from off-kilter consumer expectations of cheap miracles and also because of our belief that if something's said or shown on TV -- well -- it must be so. If you happen to read HSN consumer reviews from disgruntled vacuum customers you'll see many disappointed testimonies.

Unfortunately, I've come to believe that fair pricing on vacuums whose use may prove worth the while will not come about until the American economy has been knocked to it knees and manufacturers are gagging for air. I'd say to smart consumers, know what you're looking for and when you can catch a good sale, jump on it before you just have to.

Best,

Venson
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42