Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Miele S2 Canisters

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

New Miele S2 Canisters
Original Message   Oct 26, 2009 9:25 pm
I test drove the new Mieles today.

They are very lightweight, but have a 7yr warranty on the plastic housing as well as the Vortex motor. The come with the 217 power nozzle. No upgrade to the 236, you simply buy it in addition if you want it. The telescoping wand is a bit thicker, I presume to accomodate the thicker handle grip. Small tools mount at the machine end of the hose, and it has a pigtail connect. 100% made in Germany, The 514, the Cat and Dog and the 251 are being retired, as I presume the Natural is since it is the same body style as the 251. Quiet, powerful, manueverable, lightweight. With HEPA filter and twister neck floor brush $599.00 and bright red!  Who could ask for anything more?  The Panasonic looking uprights are being retired also. Miele will be streamlined to 5 body styles, S7, S5, S4, S3, and the Universal stick uprights, unless they add something else.

I like it very much. All the basic power and solid engineering with no fancy electronics. It is nimble, as one would expect. The power is so strong it must be dialed back on anything but the thickest carpet, or the nozzle is simply too tiring to push.  A definite winner, and at a very reasonable cost for the quality and durabilty

This message was modified Oct 26, 2009 by Trebor
Replies: 19 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Scott

Re: New Miele S2 Canisters
Reply #19   Nov 16, 2009 3:29 am
The Miele accessory is the SFS10 Flexhose. It is designed for all S4 and non-electric S2 and S5 models.

The hose is available in Canada for approximately $35.00.
This message was modified Nov 16, 2009 by Scott
Replies: 19 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42