Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > do these new vacuums need surge protectors??

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
stephenbrown2

do these new vacuums need surge protectors??
Original Message   Sep 16, 2009 8:15 pm
The new models s7 meile and sebo x units seem to have mini computers in them....

I was wondering.....do these units need (would benefit from) the use of a surge supressor...

I wonder how many failures of these units could be linked to surges while in use?????
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Venson

Re: do these new vacuums need surge protectors??
Reply #1   Sep 16, 2009 10:02 pm
stephenbrown2 wrote:
The new models s7 meile and sebo x units seem to have mini computers in them....<BR><BR>I was wondering.....do these units need (would benefit from) the use of a surge supressor...<BR><BR>I wonder how many failures of these units could be linked to surges while in use?????

Hi Stephen,

I have had no such failure problems with my Miele Tango.

The only American vacuum (and not all that computerized) that I know of carrying a surge protector was the ill-fated Royal PowerCast -- got ome at home. The surge protector/circuit breaker is on the power cord. For all the brilliance in extra-carefulness it did not prove to mean much. Royal should have put greater thought into how to reduce the weight of a 30-pound machine but improve strength and also how to provide "no-brainer" carpet height adjustment.

I have seen my computer, my TV, my DVD carousel and other "electronic" wondrs around the house flip out regarding power fluctuations and any number of power issues but the S7 is still going strong.

Best,

Venson
vacmanuk

Re: do these new vacuums need surge protectors??
Reply #2   Sep 18, 2009 9:15 pm
The Sebo is double earthed and doesn't have a mini computer, only a couple of microchips to control the sensor wheel so any "surge" in electricity due to a power shortage or otherwise wouldn't short circuit the Sebo X series. The failures of the the Unit within the Sebo X is due to the pressure on the drive belt and not the microchps - they've only been using the same system since the 1970s and continue to do the same system with constant testing.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42