Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Frieze,Beber and Shag, OH MY!

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Frieze,Beber and Shag, OH MY!
Original Message   Feb 7, 2009 6:32 pm
On housekeeping, maintenance and carpet care sites are dire warnings NOT to use a rotating brush vacuum because it will 'untwist' and 'fuzzy' the tips.

On the Shaw site, it uses the word "shag" in quotation marks, implying cable,shag, and frieze fall under the same maintenance requirements.

So, what would your top picks be, both vacuums and attachments, for vacuuming frieze,cable, and shag carpet? Some include berber in this suction only maintenance category, along with handmade rugs. So, what do you say should be used, considering some carpets have a 10yr. appearance retention warranty provided the care instructions are followed.  

This message was modified Feb 7, 2009 by Trebor
Replies: 65 - 66 of 66Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Tread184

Re: Frieze,Beber and Shag, OH MY!
Reply #65   Jul 21, 2009 3:42 am
I would say that since Carpet and Rug manufacturers have warrantys you have to abide by then by all means do just that by buying the appropriate equipment for the job... I will push Oreck since i own many of the products, but im sure other manufactures have the same Ideas. Oreck has 2 different full sized canisters that have power heads that the brush can be turned off. In additon to that they have an attachment called a Shag Rake for seperating fibers...there are also new attachments for the uprights that acctually moves the brush away from the carpet..I have one..cost me $10 ..or a chaeper solution would be to just remove the belt to clean those areas..its one screw access.
retardturtle1

Re: Frieze,Beber and Shag, OH MY!
Reply #66   Jul 21, 2009 11:23 am
Tread184 wrote:
I would say that since Carpet and Rug manufacturers have warrantys you have to abide by then by all means do just that by buying the appropriate equipment for the job... I will push Oreck since i own many of the products, but im sure other manufactures have the same Ideas. Oreck has 2 different full sized canisters that have power heads that the brush can be turned off. In additon to that they have an attachment called a Shag Rake for seperating fibers...there are also new attachments for the uprights that acctually moves the brush away from the carpet..I have one..cost me $10 ..or a chaeper solution would be to just remove the belt to clean those areas..its one screw access.

oreck has a shag rake...this connects to the vac head? do tell.
Replies: 65 - 66 of 66Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42