Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
retardturtle1

brushrolls
Original Message   May 27, 2009 4:14 pm
besides dyson...what other vacuum has a brushroll thats as agressive and deep cleaning on padded short pile carpet...panasonic triforce roller,.riccar comrcl..ect.        any and all input and exp.is welcomed.....thank you
Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HankJones

Re: brushrolls
Reply #5   May 30, 2009 10:59 am
Has it been discussed that Dyson brushrolls shave carpet as noted by the American Carpet and Rug Institute?
HARDSELL

Reply #6   May 30, 2009 11:15 am
HankJones wrote:
Has it been discussed that Dyson brushrolls shave carpet as noted by the American Carpet and Rug Institute?

Not that I recall.  I only remember mention of Dyson brush roll not being aggressive like others.  Seems like more aggressive would mean more shaving.
retardturtle1

Reply #7   May 30, 2009 6:15 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Not that I recall.  I only remember mention of Dyson brush roll not being aggressive like others.  Seems like more aggressive would mean more shaving.

i heard that also...that they are hard on carpet....but one would think that on med. pile worn carpet  that the aggressiveness of the dyson roller would act as a carpet rake/restorer...
vacmanuk

Reply #8   May 31, 2009 7:35 pm
Over the most expensive types I've tried the one that I find with the most aggressive brush roll is my tiny Vax Quicklite / Dirt Devil Dynammite; it has a wavy line of beaters set into the brush fixings rather than separate beater bars. I find it too aggressive at times compared to gentler action. Sometimes though its better to have a gentler action on short looped pile though; I find the more aggressive a brush roll is on this type of carpet, the more fraying happens and then it gets destroyed.
Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42