Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
catlady

Re: The New Miele Upright Cleaner
Original Message   Mar 23, 2009 10:28 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Melanie,

I was under the impression that the shop could do the back panel replacement. Have they refused flat out or are they hemming and hawing?

Tell them that is what you want and what you are due as this is their mess. It should be possible to handle this as before. Either, keep the cleaner at home and use it until the part comes in or insist upon a comparable loaner machine if they say they need to keep yours. Also, get their repair schedule (estimated time for the part to arrive plus time estimated to complete replacement.)

Refuse the "melting" offer and insist on a part replacement.

Venson

Hi Venson,

I requested the replacement to see if they would be willing to do that.  At that time it was a polite request.  I did become upset when I was told that a replacement was requested but denied.  It felt like Miele is not serious about good customer care.  The Vac Shop reluctantly did agree to replace the back panel and I will call them later to see if the hose was replaced and if so, if I can pick up the vacuum until either a replacement is ready for me or the back panel has come in.  I was a test household and it seems like they should be more willing to replace the vacuum due to the fact that I have had 3 issues with a test vacuum.  We'll see what happens.  So far, no call yet from Sally.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
HARDSELL

Reply #1   Mar 23, 2009 12:47 pm
Call Miele.  Ask the person answering for their supervisor, then ask for that person's supervisor with each transfer up the chain.  When you get to the person who does not have a supervisor they should be able to approve a replacvement.
Trebor

Reply #2   Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm
Catlady,

Did I not predict the shop would (sigh) replace the back panel, as if they were going out of their way to do you a huge favor? You may well get a new upright out of Miele, but how sad to have to fight for it, when it would have been so easy to have just done it the minute you walked in the shop with the first issue. You could have been the poster child for the Miele company, the S7, and the shop where you bought it, singing their praises for years on end. What you could have done for them is priceless compared to what they have lost, and are too blind to see. I'm sorry, Melanie that Miele dealers all over the country have not taken up your cause with Miele. It is precisely these kinds of incidents that reveal a company's character. They had us all fooled with their 'Immer Besser'

Trebor

Trebor

Reply #3   Mar 24, 2009 11:15 am
Melanie,

In case you are interested, the differences between the Lindhaus Dynamic and Diamante are as follows: The domestic Diamante allows the independent operation of BOTH motors, so you can vacuum hard floors with the brushroll stopped. The Dynamic will accept either of the hard floor shoes for use with the brush spinning, and it will dry clean carpets, by simply disconnecting the hose from the wand and installing the plate. Now for the biggie. Diamante carries a 5 yr warranty, Dynamic only 1. Even if a dealer agrees to honor a 5 yr on a Dynamic it is solely on him, and if you move, or he drops Lindhaus, (or vice versa) there you are. Lindhaus honors a commercial warranty on their commerical machines, period. Using domestic machines commercially? Not the point of this thread, not going there. Lindhaus designs each component of their products, right down to the dusting brush. They allow for removal of the roller without even turning the machine over. I still cannot believe Miele has not authorized the replacement of your vacuum, just flat out unbelieveable. I'm sorry your diligent research, and attempts to be fair with your vac shop have resulted in only the most miserly and grudging of responses. So easy to have headed this all off at the pass and made you a happy camper, and a walking, talking, positive ad for Miele. Sad,sad,sad, but typical,typical,typical.

Trebor

This message was modified Mar 24, 2009 by Trebor
Lucky1

Reply #4   Mar 24, 2009 11:56 am
I don't want to go into specifics, but what Simplicity did for a Synergy customer of mine was WAY WAY WAY beyond anything I expected from any company. Great company to represent and deal with.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42