Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Decent Commercial Machine

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
jrw14493

Decent Commercial Machine
Original Message   Nov 24, 2008 1:03 am
I'm looking for a decent commercial machine to be used in a commercial setting in a video arcade by 16 year old kids that are in a hurry to get off work. We've got a Royal all M1028 that they are in the process of destroying. So far we've fixed, a few times, the pot metal handle where it connects to the machine . They also don't care what is vacuumed up. Although we've taught them to steer clear of pennies and dimes, the occasional hard candy still makes it's presence known in the fan case.

Beings that the video arcade is loaded with electronics, we are having a hard time with dust collecting on the circuit boards inside the games. With frequent air handler filter changes, the dust is still collecting, so a commercial machine with a HEPA filter is what we're looking for. And durable, as I stated. A Bag-first machine would also of course probably be the best idea with wide tubes leading to it. Probably bags beings nobody would ever clean the filter. Anything else I'm forgetting....oh...durability = #1 and then of course something that doesn't stir up the dust.

Replies: 20 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jrw14493

Re: Decent Commercial Machine
Reply #20   Jan 19, 2009 4:01 pm
Trebor-

The owner is under the complete idea that nothing is better than an all-metal vacuum. My grandma has a Sebo and I use it regularly. I like it and I bet it would fare well in the arcade. It wouldn't be pretty after the first few uses but it bet it would still work. 

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! If the topic ever comes up again with the owner, I'll make the recommendation.

Trebor

Reply #21   Jan 19, 2009 6:43 pm
A LOT of enthusiastic backpack proponents thought the same until they gave them a try. U of Colorado spent in excess of 40,K per YEAR, buying , replacing, and repairing, upright  vacs, some of them all metal. The year of the switch, aside from initial outlay, the total maitenance costs were under 600.00!

All great truths begin as heresies

Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Reply #22   Jan 19, 2009 9:00 pm
I just have to ask, are you from Boulder CO?
Trebor

Reply #23   Jan 22, 2009 2:17 am
No, I from the midwest, Ft Wayne, IN to be precise. the balnce sheet for repairs for two t\years wer on the Pro-team website
Replies: 20 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42