Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Vacuums at Big Lots

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Vacuums at Big Lots
Original Message   Jan 18, 2009 4:19 pm
I just saw the better model of the Halo, he one with OBT in B/L for 160.00 NIB, NOT refurb.

Over  year ago I saw what is now the D/D i under the names of Bosch and later Siemens NIB for $99.00

Of course there are always a stream of D/D and Hoover refurb uprights, and Bissell.

In Tuesday Morning there was a batch of the OBT Royal uprights, the series prior to the Eminence, don't remember the title they gave it. I have even seen Electrolux and Dyson in Tues/AM and B/L

I have never seen refurb Orecks in any B/B retailer. Dave Oreck is a marketer non-pariel, ya gotta give him that much.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuumfreeeke

Re: Vacuums at Big Lots
Reply #1   Jan 18, 2009 5:36 pm
I saw the Hoover Soft N Light (isn't that TTI's Oreck competition?) a few weeks ago.  I've seen some refurb ished Dysons and a few Eurekas and Dirt Devils over the years... nothing really to fall in love with though. 
Trebor

Reply #2   Jan 18, 2009 6:06 pm
I concur. But if one is going to buy  a POS vacuum, it might as well be as cheaply a possible, right? The Halo is the first example of a vacuum at B/L over 100.00
HARDSELL

Reply #3   Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm
Trebor,

What are your thoughts in the Royal Eminence?

Thanks.

Trebor

Reply #4   Jan 18, 2009 7:46 pm
The Royal Emininence is a decently built vacuum at a reasonable cost. The unit with the brushroll shut off is not without its issues. Every vacuum which has used that design to disenegage the brushroll has had problems due to the extra tension exerted  by the additional stretching of the belt.

It would not be a good choice for a houshold which had extremes in carpet. Nothing too high, too low, too thin or too thick and it should be fine. Sturdy, OBT, but not with an instant on wand. That seems like it should be a given if you are going after OBT. So overall,  i give it a hearty, 'not bad'

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42