Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > what do you think of DVC bags?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

what do you think of DVC bags?
Original Message   Jan 8, 2009 6:09 pm
So, the Miele Plus that I got for 15 bucks came with only one bag.  The bag in it is a paper bag that is Miele brand.  The machine has a slight dog smell so I'm thinking/hoping that changing the bag and filters will eliminate that some... plus I needed to stock up on extra bags.  I got 10 FJM bags and 4 filters (two of each kind, post and pre motor) for 20 bucks.  They are DVC brand.  While I know that DVC makes generic bags that typically aren't as good a quality as genuine, I'm pretty impressed with these bags.  They aren't paper, they are the fiber material that kind of feel like cloth that are supposed to be better at filtering.  I guess to do a proper comparision, I would need to compare it to the Miele version (versus the paper Miele that I have in the machine now)... but these DVC Allergen bags seem great.  They are thick, the seams have a good seal, and they even have the opening that slides shut when the bag is changed.  IIRC, the Miele version of these bags was 50 dollars a box and I just didn't want to spend that much!

I remember when I sold vacuums at Sears there was a choice of the yellow paper bags or the faux cloth ones that were 4 dollars a piece. 

Are any of you here happy with DVC bags, or are you a purist who insists on only manufacturer branded items for your machines?

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42