Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > I loves Central Vacuums

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
HaroldGreenly

I loves Central Vacuums
Original Message   Nov 10, 2008 5:01 pm
I love central vacuums. I remember having one as a kid, and now I have one. They are the very best way to vacuum a home. No doubt about it. Always be sure to buy a powerful enough unit for your home, and ALWAYS use an electrified brush head if you have carpet. Don't use those cheap air driven brushes. What other vacuum type removes 100% of the dirty air it vacuums from your home? NONE. It all goes to your basement or garage. They are simply amazing. Not to drop in advertising or anything, but I personally use the Stealth power brush with a SilentMaster unit from MD.
This message was modified Dec 16, 2008 by a moderator

-Harold Greenly,

My favorite vac is a SilentMaster.
Replies: 7 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Cvacplanet

Re: I loves Central Vacuums
Reply #7   Dec 29, 2008 1:41 pm
I have dealt with central vacuums for a long time and love all the benefits they bring. My site sells units, accessories and parts, but also includes a lot of helpful information.
I actually though the $1,800 price tag was high, unless you paid good money for installation as part of it. Normally all the products for a 1,300 sq. ft home will costs about $1,200 to $1,500 depending on the attachments and vacuum unit, but that is retail. Most people put them in themselves and save. I know locally here in South Florida the going rate is "$150 a drop", any by drop they mean wall inlet. Central vacuums can go into existing homes or new, but keep in mind that if you have a existing home if will be very difficult to install direct connect inlets.

As for the dust, 98% of central vacuums have the option to vent outsite and as mole said, cyclonic of bagless units should be vented outside regardless. You may also vent inside the garage area and use an exhaust filter. This will eliminate the dust without venting outside.

Mike

This message was modified Dec 30, 2008 by a moderator

Lucky1

Reply #8   Dec 29, 2008 1:44 pm
Cvacplanet wrote:
I have dealt with central vacuums for a long time and love all the benefits they bring. My site sells units, accessories and parts, but also includes a lot of helpful information.<BR>I actually though the $1,800 price tag was high, unless you paid good money for installation as part of it. Normally all the products for a 1,300 sq. ft home will costs about $1,200 to $1,500 depending on the attachments and vacuum unit, but that is retail. Most people put them in themselves and save. I know locally here in South Florida the going rate is &quot;$150 a drop&quot;, any by drop they mean wall inlet. Central vacuums can go into existing homes or new, but keep in mind that if you have a existing home if will be very difficult to install direct connect inlets.<BR><BR>As for the dust, 98% of central vacuums have the option to vent outsite and as mole said, cyclonic of bagless units should be vented outside regardless. You may also vent inside the garage area and use an exhaust filter. This will eliminate the dust without venting outside.<BR><BR>Mike<BR>www.centralvacuumplanet.com

THANKS FOR THE SPAM!
DysonInventsBig

Reply #9   Dec 29, 2008 2:39 pm
Cvacplanet wrote:
I have dealt with central vacuums for a long time and love all the benefits they bring. My site sells units, accessories and parts, but also includes a lot of helpful information.
I actually though the $1,800 price tag was high, unless you paid good money for installation as part of it. Normally all the products for a 1,300 sq. ft home will costs about $1,200 to $1,500 depending on the attachments and vacuum unit, but that is retail. Most people put them in themselves and save. I know locally here in South Florida the going rate is "$150 a drop", any by drop they mean wall inlet. Central vacuums can go into existing homes or new, but keep in mind that if you have a existing home if will be very difficult to install direct connect inlets.

As for the dust, 98% of central vacuums have the option to vent outsite and as mole said, cyclonic of bagless units should be vented outside regardless. You may also vent inside the garage area and use an exhaust filter. This will eliminate the dust without venting outside.

Mike
www.centralvacuumplanet.com

Thanks Mike for the info, it is appreciated!  FYI, the forum has a set of rules (below).

http://abbysguide.com/terms-of-use.html

A work-a-round for not putting our/our buddies links up -  we are allowed to "private message" (a mailbox on this forum) links, etc, as well as other means described on the terms of use page.

DIB
This message was modified Dec 29, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Reply #10   Dec 29, 2008 6:59 pm
Actually, it was for a 4500sq ft house, 6 direct connect inlets and 2 vac pans.  They did get me on the installation tho, $900 and tried to talke me into a new Nutone rather than the better Riccar unit I had them put in.  Oh well.
Cvacplanet

Reply #11   Dec 30, 2008 12:12 pm
Sorry about that guys, wasn't trying to "spam", but contribute. $900 doesn't sound to bad for  6 direct connect inlets actually, but you definitly made the correct choice in the Riccar over the Nutone. The new Nutone VX series have 2 and 4 year warranties for a reason.

Replies: 7 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42