Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Black Friday at Wal-Mart . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Black Friday at Wal-Mart . . .
Original Message   Nov 28, 2008 9:05 pm
Knowing full and well that I may be admonished due to this post's not necessarily being on point as regards our usual topic -- vacuums.  I could not overlook its seriousness.

Black Friday has come  here and Jdimypai Damour, a 34-year-old  temporary worker at Wal-Mart in Valley Stream, NY,  was trampled to death by eager shoppers at about five o'clock this morning.  Per news articles that I've browsed, even as police officers attempted to perform CPR on Mr. Damour, customers continued to stream into the store, some not noticing, some not caring that they were obstructing his chances for help.

A woman who was eight months pregnant was also caught in the crush and is now under medical observation.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/28/news/economy/blackfriday_walmart/index.htm?section=money_latest

Some of our big box stores and department stores have been whipping prospective holiday shoppers into a frenzy all week with ads claiming miracle pricing on items of very limited quantity.

There will be an outcry that Wal-Mart should have better planned for this.  However, I can't quite say I'll agree.  It's thoughtless, greedy people who did this disgusting thing.

Venson
This message was modified Nov 28, 2008 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42