Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Freedom 3500 and XL2000RHB

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
jkbmmv

Freedom 3500 and XL2000RHB
Original Message   Oct 11, 2008 2:02 pm
Hello all!

As you can tell I am new to the forum.. I came across the site while doing a search for an Oreck XL to a Simplicity freedom comparison (oddly it took me to the Oreck/Dyson flame posts from January). I have worked in the hotel industry for a while, and have been around the Orecks and other light-weight hoovers/sanitaires. I have always been a gadget guy, and vacuums are gadgets for the home. Right now, I have a Simplicity 6 series, a Filter Queen princess with power head and a Kirby G3. I plan on getting another Simplicity or Riccar for my self, and am trying to figure out something for my mother.

The other day she told me that she was having a hard time lifting the Simplicty. She has been having back problems for a while now, but this year they managed to get worse. She also uses the Kirby, but after I brought her the Simplicity, she doesn't haul it up a flight of stairs any more. The simplicity was the upstairs vacuum and the Kirby remains the high traffic cleaner for the lower level. I got to thinking, and I realized that the hotel I am at was wanting to get rid of their Oreck XL2000RHB. The housekeepers don't like it because it is loud, and I agree, it is a very noisy machine. I disassembled it, and found that someone decided to clean up the plaster/paint when the lobby was remodeled... I cleaned everything out and brought it home to my mom. I got to looking, and was hoping I can get some pointers to steer her in the right direction. As of right now, We are going to get an Oreck, either the commercial one from the hotel or a _NEW_ one from a home center if I can indeed find one for 150 bucks.

What I am wanting to know is are the non commercial ones quieter? Also, do they make a stiffer brush roll for the Oreck? I called one of the Oreck Showrooms and they said they have a basic XL2000 stick handle for 199... I am wondering if that would be a better choice than my commercial one. The only issue is the 'D' or helping hand handle is something I am _not_ willing to compromise on. Does anyone have any idea how Oreck deadens the sound? I am wondering if I could stick a sheet of dynomat in the housing to quite this thing down. My 6 series sounds like a whisper compared to this Red Monster.

Now, down the road (before the end of the year) I am going to buy a Simplicity freedom. I am thinking the 3500, non commercial version. I have always liked commercial vacs because of the longer cords, but I take a hit in the warranty. I also know that the commercial has more aluminum and the consumer has more steel.. Is the commercial really that much lighter? What do you guys think? I know the Simplicity has a stronger motor and stiffer bristles, but does it do any better on carpets, and how does it handle throw rugs? The simplicity will be mom's house warming gift when she moves again. The Oreck will stay with me, I have a few places I can use it...

Oh, and the other simplicity that I am thinking of buying my self is the Synergy. I fell in love with it when I first saw it on the internet, and the dealer I dealt with ordered one just for me to demo in the store, but I decided to go with the cheaper 6 series at that time. He said he was glad he ordered it because he hadn't had any and wanted to play with it. He sold that one and had three ordered for a few other customers before we left the store that day.

Joshua
Replies: 1 - 39 of 39View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 39 of 39View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42