Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Found it ! ! !
Original Message   Sep 22, 2008 1:16 am
A while back, I think Carmine and I may have discussed Rainbow vacuum clones. I know that the Ocean Blue came up but it was not the particular machine I was thinking of.   I wracked my brain and could not for the life of me get the name of the thing right.  Well, I've come across it and its called Roboclean. Even more remarkably the company is not dead but still alive in Europe. I'd bet Trilobite knows something about itt.  See the following link --

http://www.roboclean.org.uk/products.html

http://www.swmarket.ru/aura_roboclean.html

Now, someone please explain international law and patents to me please.  This company even has an equivalent to the mini air freshener that Rainbow makes.  Is it possible that Rainbow either owns, has a partnership with or  interest in this coompany.

Venson

This message was modified Sep 22, 2008 by Venson
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Motorhead

Re: Found it ! ! !
Reply #2   Sep 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Hi Venson,

Thanks so much for sharing.  That looks like an amazing machine, I'd love to get my hands on one even if for a short period of time.  Interesting design too, sort of a fusion between the SE and E series.  The water pan capacity appears to be larger than the standard-sized Rainbow pan, and I wish Rainbow would equip their machines with a cord winder and electronic controls on the hose grip instead of just the trigger switch for the P/N.  It would be nice to turn the machine itself off remotely as well.  And for air-cleaning, a simple override switch would work, or the electronic touchpad on this one.  My only concern is that it seems like a tall machine, and the base appears to be somewhat narrow, so I wonder how likely it would be to tip over during use.  I can also imagine that it would be quite heavy with the cord winder and such.

I wonder if it uses an SR motor like the Rainbow?  Even though it's not specifically stated (no specification page either), I get the impression it would due to the mention of full-time air cleaning.

Compared to the US machines this is definitely the first *really* good Rainbow clone I've seen, too bad they aren't offered here. 

-MH
This message was modified Sep 22, 2008 by Motorhead
Venson

Reply #3   Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm
Hi MH,

The Roboclean can be ordered online at the UK site.  They sell to many countries but don't mention whether or not they have a 120 volt model.  The real problem is, per the online sales page, is that the vacuum costs 1,350 British Pounds which is about $2,500 in U.S. dollars.  I hope Rainbow doesn't find out and try to copy them.

Best,

Venson

Trilobite

Reply #4   Sep 25, 2008 7:03 am
I haven't personally come across the machine on the UK market.

Certainly, the Roboclean name conjures up visions of a self-propelled robotic cleaner, but this appears not to be the case.

The machine does look remarkably similar to the Rexair models.

I suspect that Rexair/Rainbow US has licenced the designs to foreign market franchises, on condition that the Rexair/Rainbow name is not used; probably to prevent a backlash on the US company, should a particular country have problems marketing, etc.

I have, earlier this year, seen a similar air cleaner design advertised on one of our home shopping channels. It used water, to which a scent could be added. The lid contained a fan which sucked in the dirty air and passed it into the water. The water swirled about, in the glass container.

ROBO

Reply #5   Jan 20, 2009 5:37 pm
Trilobite wrote:
I haven't personally come across the machine on the UK market.

Certainly, the Roboclean name conjures up visions of a self-propelled robotic cleaner, but this appears not to be the case.

The machine does look remarkably similar to the Rexair models.

I suspect that Rexair/Rainbow US has licenced the designs to foreign market franchises, on condition that the Rexair/Rainbow name is not used; probably to prevent a backlash on the US company, should a particular country have problems marketing, etc.

I have, earlier this year, seen a similar air cleaner design advertised on one of our home shopping channels. It used water, to which a scent could be added. The lid contained a fan which sucked in the dirty air and passed it into the water. The water swirled about, in the glass containAAURA

AURA ROBOCLEAN IS LOCATED IN MARYLAND AND HAS A SALES OFFICE IN CENTRAL FLA WE ARE NOT AFFLICAIATED WITH REXAIR. WE ARE IN 40+ COUNTRIES.
ROBO

Reply #6   Jan 20, 2009 5:39 pm
WE DO NOT CLAIM TO BE SELF PROPELLED," ROBOITIC"YES, SEE DEMO ON YOU TUBE FOR MORE INFO..
Venson

Reply #7   Jan 20, 2009 6:18 pm
ROBO wrote:
WE DO NOT CLAIM TO BE SELF PROPELLED," ROBOITIC"YES, SEE DEMO ON YOU TUBE FOR MORE INFO..

Hiya Robo,

I'm certainly glad you've shown up.  I would make mention that a robotic pool cleaner also turns up when doing web searches and can make finding the vacuum a little confusing.

I couldn't find a plain old aura-roboclean web address but did come across the following. . . .

http://www.duemmefamily.com/e_pulizia.htm

and

http://www.aura-roboclean.de/main.html?src=%2Findex2.html

As you note, each site displays a different machine.  One model resembles the well-known Rainbow and the other look a lot like another water filtration vacuum called the Big Power.  It would be great if you could include a current U.S. web link for Robo Clean.

Thanks,

Venson
Trebor

Reply #8   Jan 22, 2009 1:55 am
Rexair/Rainbow is too greedy to share with anyone. Consider that vacshops get NO discount on any genuine Rexair parts,no matter how much they order because even supply houses like Essco and Steel City have to mark therir prices up because they pay the same retail as anyone else. The only ones who get a break are the authorized repair centers

The separator concept for water filtration vacuums, which is really the only water concept worth considering, has many, many copies. Rexair, by their treatment of their distributors has spawned at lot of copies, Delphin and Hyla, to name two. The one I want to see up close is the Pro-Aqua. It looks like a gussied up version of the Hyla, with some nice features. I wonder if they split off from Hyla?

These are the separator machines I am aware of

1)Rainbow

2)Hyla

3)Robot Turmix

4)Delphin

5)Pro-Aqua

6) The Roboclean. I would say it is another copy unaffiliated with anyone else. The basin clamps are on the basin itself, a disaster waiting to happen, and it looks like they only offer a 4qt basin, which for some users is too heavy when full, and makes it more top-heavy. It appears to have the same semi conical shape the Delphin has. Interesting

Venson

Reply #9   Jan 22, 2009 3:23 am
Trebor wrote:
Rexair/Rainbow is too greedy to share with anyone. Consider that vacshops get NO discount on any genuine Rexair parts,no matter how much they order because even supply houses like Essco and Steel City have to mark therir prices up because they pay the same retail as anyone else. The only ones who get a break are the authorized repair centers

Sometimes it's all in the approach.  A good while back when I was regularly using the Rainbow I have I decided I wanted the wide bare floor tool.  I checked on the price, found a dealer and told him what I wanted and that I was not about to pay the ridiculous list price -- and got it.  Sometimes it helps if you can let a vendor know that you know what he knows . . . .

For your list there's also Ocean Blue http://www.oceanblue.com/ and Big Power http://www.bigpower1.com/

Pro-Aqua http://www.pro-aqua-ltd.co.uk/  does bear a resemblance  to Hyla but Euro-Pro also made a similar looking water-type without a separator.

Venson
Trebor

Reply #10   Jan 22, 2009 5:05 am
You are right, I did forget to include the ocean blue. The big power I did not include because it is not a separtor unit.

The baffles and so forth required by a non sep unit are messier and more complicated to clean.

Venson

Reply #11   Jan 22, 2009 8:46 am
The big question is -- how many people are actually buying these things as of late and where do they sell best as far as the U.S. is concerned?

Venson
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42