Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Perfect Vacuum Power Nozzle Question

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vernon

Perfect Vacuum Power Nozzle Question
Original Message   Aug 24, 2008 9:44 pm

In regards to the power nozzle on the Perfect Canister, what I'm finding with it compared to the Lux PN5, or any Lux, is that the Perfect is much noisier?? At first I thought there wasn't enough tension on the belt, so I adjusted that, it made it worse. So, back off on the tension. Tried a different belt, no luck. Tried a different brush roll, Lux and Cleveland Woods brush, no luck. As long as the brush is not contacting the carpet, it runs smoothly, but as soon as it touches, especially low pile, and on the back stroke, it sounds like Tony The Tiger roaring. It rattles.  The brush roll is locked into place. Have others encountered this same issue??

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Venson

Re: Perfect Vacuum Power Nozzle Question
Reply #1   Aug 24, 2008 10:48 pm
Hi Vernon,

If your "Perfect Lux's" power nozzle has the same old cogged belt as of old, none were ever quiet enough to make an impression.  In general, there hasn't been a relatively quite Lux since the model G and no other Luxes has ever had as a PN at least as quiet a couple of other significant brands.  What you describe has the earmarks of a power nozzle with a smooth belt.

Exactly how did you adjust the belt on your cleaner?

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Aug 24, 2008 by Venson
Vernon

Reply #2   Aug 24, 2008 11:08 pm
Hello Venson,

Yes, the perfect power nozzle has the lux style cogged belt.  It almost sounded as if the belt were too loose, causing the cogs to jump out of position under load.  How did I adjust the tension??  Loosened up the two screws holding the motor in position, and slid the motor straight back to put more tension on the belt.  (given the limited amount adjustment that is available)  The motor does not have the fixed mounting positions as do the later lux models, this is a close copy cat of the PN5.  All my PN2, PN4, and PN5 you were able to slide the motor to allow for approximately 3/16 of an inch play in the belt.  Although this unit closely resembles a PN5, the motor is different.  I am wondering if the difference in the motor and the way it is mounted is the cause

Vernon
budmattingly

Reply #3   Aug 26, 2008 8:23 pm
Hi,

I have a Perfect Vacuum Cleaner with power nozzle. It is noisy and I too thought maybe something was loose or not tightned properly. I have used it for several months. I actually think it might be due to the extra stiff brushes. I like the way it grooms the carpet and fits under the bed without the front tipping up. I really don't think there is a problem.

Sincerely,

Bud

Vernon

Reply #4   Aug 26, 2008 10:16 pm
Bud,

The belt on mine had a little too much slack, so I adjusted that.  I do think you have a point with the brush stiffness.  I changed mine to a Cleveland Woods brush, my next move is to try the OEM Lux one.  The  pn motor in the Perfect I believe is the same as what Lux is using at the moment as well.  It is a different motor than what Lux used years ago, which probably accounts for the noise difference as well.

Vernon
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42