Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Particle counters . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Particle counters . . .
Original Message   Apr 20, 2008 12:24 pm
Hi,

I noticed an ad by a particle counter maker in  a trade magazine. I've seen one used in an online air quality pitch for Miele and wonder if the folks in vacuum sales here see them as being of any real benefit.  They could help buyers better decide on which make or model to settle on.  Meaning, on a scale from one to ten -- dust blower to super filtration -- could a particle counter be an aid in helping consumers find which models might be a good buy if  "top-of-the-line" won't fit the budget?  Does anyone feel particle counters are reliable enough to be helpful regarding making a vacuum sale?

Thanks,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
mole

Re: Particle counters . . .
Reply #1   Apr 20, 2008 10:38 pm
HI Venson,

The particle counter you are looking at is really used by the healthy home consultants,Its being used by the reps to count the particles of dust allergens in the enviroment,then the stand alone air cleaner [blue air] is plunked on the floor and runs for a given amount of time useually 2 or 3 hours then another count is taken,some enviroments are at 500 to 800 counts,after the demo a count of down to 50 and under are good,AS FAR AS DIRTKILLS demo using it on vacuum cleaners is mostly a scare tactic but to the Easy customer its very enlightening and makes for a good dog and pony show,Rubin makes no money selling other machines than miele,Hey he's sold on the product what can I say.He certainly is one of the best pitch men in the business.

Just keep in mind the real benefits of a sealed H.E.P.A. vacuum cleaner,my opinion is almost nothing because it only works when people clean their house or home and how often is that done maybe one or two hours a week? Please dont get us started on indoor air pollution again.The air quality is virtually unchanged by using a portable vacuum with true hepa filtration,although there is big money in  the hepa filters, IF Miele did not tout the sealed hepa system it would just be another over priced broom with a motor and bag in it.....................

MOLE
Lucky1

Re: Particle counters . . .
Reply #2   Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm
I would love to have one but cannot justify the cost at this time. I think it is a great sales tool. I do have to disagree about air quality, while not such a hazard to adult developed lungs small children are affected. You disturb the dust from 2-7 hours when vacuuming.

In answer to your second question:
I don't think a Counter would be helpful in sales for cheaper models that leak and spew dust. A consumer is not going to be impressed with something that "not quite" as unhealthy as another product that is "more unhealthy".
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42