Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Eureka 6510A Whirlwind canister

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Motorhead

Eureka 6510A Whirlwind canister
Original Message   Apr 19, 2008 8:45 pm
I stumbled across this last night while browsing through Amazon.  At first glance I thought it was another laughable bin-filter offering, but in between the lines the description implies that it *is* a dual-cyclone machine, Eureka's first since the 4880AT of the early-2000s.  Good news, no doubt; by this time I was wondering when, if ever, Eureka would bring out a dual-cyclone again.  It appears that this machine has not been out all that long, only for a few months. 

Here is the 6510A linked on the Eureka site, and on Amazon.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Venson

Re: Eureka 6510A Whirlwind canister
Reply #1   Apr 19, 2008 11:15 pm
Hi MH,

This is a spin on the GE canister that the bagged version of got pretty good reviews a while back from CR.  It follows the 6500A, a bagged model which claims its "air basket" allows constant suction and easier bag changing.  Both bear the same power nozzle, same wands. 

Eureka is not yet allowing online accessibility to either model's manual so its hard to get an idea of exactly what they are trying to convey.  The claim is that this 6510A's 3.6 quart "XL dust cup" is among the largest made and that the systems cyclonics will allow more clean air to pass through the filters leaving them cleaner longer.  Thankfully there's no caim of endless suction.

Best,

Venson

mole

Reply #2   Apr 20, 2008 7:16 am
any one remember BOSCH'S air box system that was an option on the premium series vacuums,I do i had them it also worked very well,it was recommended to use this system in the garage to pick up uncommon dirt dust nails etc.it had 2 compartments and one had cyclone in it,and emptied from the bottom,

EMER also uses a very similar set up.

mole
Motorhead

Reply #3   Apr 21, 2008 2:06 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi MH,

This is a spin on the GE canister that the bagged version of got pretty good reviews a while back from CR.  It follows the 6500A, a bagged model which claims its "air basket" allows constant suction and easier bag changing.  Both bear the same power nozzle, same wands. 

Eureka is not yet allowing online accessibility to either model's manual so its hard to get an idea of exactly what they are trying to convey.  The claim is that this 6510A's 3.6 quart "XL dust cup" is among the largest made and that the systems cyclonics will allow more clean air to pass through the filters leaving them cleaner longer.  Thankfully there's no caim of endless suction.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson,

Thanks for the info, I thought that power nozzle looked familiar!  That GE canister of the early/mid-2000s was a good machine, earning consistently good scores from CR (it was tested until it was discontinued over a period of 3-4 years if I recall) as well as being a CR Best Buy every time.  The uprights, however, were pretty much undistinguished performers.  As with the other brands, the GE bagged upright earned a slightly better score.  With all models it was very obvious they were made by Eureka.  If you couldn't tell by looking, all you had to do was turn one on and you'd hear a Eureka Victory.  All were sold exclusively through Wal-Mart.  I had the bagless upright for a couple of years, bought it in the spring of '02.  It wasn't a bad machine (with a clean filter the suction was quite surprising) and held up well, until the bin filter started clogging more and more frequently no matter how often I washed it.  By that time I had enough and it went to the curb in favor of the Sanitaire SC899.

It will be interesting to see what the dust cup size actually is (working capacity vs. claimed capacity) on the Whirlwind; hopefully it's a good attempt to address the problem that cyclonic bagless cleaners seem to be notorious for, small bin capacity.  Notice how I didn't say filtered bagless...those, on the other hand, are notorious for a *lot* more

-MH
This message was modified Apr 21, 2008 by Motorhead
dusty

Reply #4   Apr 27, 2008 10:01 am
Venson wrote:

The claim is that this 6510A's 3.6 quart "XL dust cup" is among the largest made and that the systems cyclonics will allow more clean air to pass through the filters leaving them cleaner longer.

Nice theory but it doesn't hold true.  After only a few store demos the filters start to get dirty quickly and airflow starts to drop.  Too bad, it's a decent enough machine for the price.

Dusty
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42