Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sanitaire System Pro SP6952ac Canister Question...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Danorob

Sanitaire System Pro SP6952ac Canister Question...
Original Message   Feb 7, 2008 9:23 pm

Good Evening All,

I have a question I need some help with…

I have a Sanitaire System Pro Canister sp6952ac that I purchased new in July 2007 to use as one of my daily drivers...

The Top Handle has started to loosen up, and I cannot figure out for the life of me where the fasteners are hidden that hold the vacuum together…

The “repair parts list/diagram” is gone off of the Sanitaire/Eureka sites, and the diagrams are not on Hesco or Sears Parts…

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me how to open the canister up…

Thanks,

Dan

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
mole

Re: Sanitaire System Pro SP6952ac Canister Question...
Reply #1   Feb 8, 2008 10:11 am
This is the first time i ever heard of the handle loosing up on this machine,it's molded into the bottom half of the machine.I would not tamper with it because it's under warranty,call the 800 number in the instruction book.And they will take you down the right path...

MOLE

Danorob

Reply #2   Feb 8, 2008 7:42 pm
mole wrote:
This is the first time i ever heard of the handle loosing up on this machine,it's molded into the bottom half of the machine.I would not tamper with it because it's under warranty,call the 800 number in the instruction book.And they will take you down the right path...

MOLE

Hi Mole,

I may have given the wrong impression as to which handle came loose - it is not the handle near the top of the bag chamber latch if the vacuum was standing on it's end, but it is the handle on the top where the cord rewind button and the power switch is located if the vacuum were laying flat on it wheels -

It is clearly a seperate part from the top of the body, but as I said I can not find a way to get the vacuum opened -

While I know it is under warranty, I like to play so if you have any clue as to how to get this thing apart, let me know 0

Thanks,

Dan

This message was modified Feb 8, 2008 by Danorob
mole

Reply #3   Feb 9, 2008 11:01 am
Hi Dan,if this is set up like the other euro canisters,Miele,bosch,lindhaus aria,eureka oxygen/lu x harmony,etc.Look for the torex screws under the panel on top of the vacuum.

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42