Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > VAX (UK) Launches new vacuums and carpet washers

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

VAX (UK) Launches new vacuums and carpet washers
Original Message   Jan 6, 2008 5:09 pm
Vax (UK) is laucnhing some new vacuums and carpet washers. The Vacuums are using the Mach branding/model as used by Hoover US.  Looks like they have some license to use this branding/name in the UK along with the Dual V. 

Use link below and have a look around the floorcare section.  These are not on the offical UK Vax website as yet!

http://www.littlewoodsdirect.com/rf/lxd/navigation/spreadDsbs.do?categoryId=7077516

There is Mach 6, Mach 5 and Mach 3 also Mach 4 appears with the filter kit section.  Also new hand held Cone by Vax which has been seen in the US I do believe?  They also have Dual V carpet washers which are the same\simular as the Hoover US ones!

DC18

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DC18

Re: VAX (UK) Launches new vacuums and carpet washers
Reply #9   Jan 11, 2008 3:39 pm
Hello Trilobite

I'm glad someone else agrees with me - the UK market has certainly gone downhill since Dyson appeared.  Hoover (UK) and Electrolux (UK) have certainly given up the ghost!!  Apart from Dyson know one else is producing original quality vacuums!

That is one array of vacuums you have used/been aparty too. We had a few but not as many as you!  A few Hoover Juniors then a Hoover Turbopower (original green model) then a Electrolux Airstream in addition a Vax 3 in 1 (Original one - still have this from 1989) used for mainly carpet washing not anymore though!!  Then a original Dyson DC01, then another DC01, DC04 and now a DC18 Slim.

In addition to this another DC04, DC03, DC01 Absolute, DC05, DC07, DC15 Ball and DC16 and Bissell Pro Tech Heat Carpet Washer.  Also a Kirby Hertiage.

A family member had a Electrolux 502 for over 20 years which I maintained for them!  Quality built was this - not like todays from the same manufacturer!

Apart from Dyson the other best machine that I think was very good and still do to this day but we don't have anymore is the Hoover (UK) Turbopower (original range). Compare this machine to what Hoover (UK) have now the quality and originality is not there anymore. 

Interesting with these new Vax machines is that they come with 6 years guarantee one year above Dyson.  Looks like others in the UK are following Dyson, Sebo (UK) offers a full 5 years instead of the previuos 2 years labour and 5 years parts now.   We even have washing machines (LG) now with 10 years guarantee which I don't think we have had before! 

DC18

Trilobite

Reply #10   Jan 11, 2008 8:50 pm
Hi DC18,

I forgot about the Bissell Protech Heat washer!

All the cleaners mentioned (apart from the Hoover Conquest cylinder and sis-in-law's machines) were owned by me or my parents at one time or another.

As other people have mentioned in the past, no cleaner is perfect - each had its faults, and that is still true today (maybe more so today!).

Do the Vax "Mach" models use the USA Hoover 'Windtunnel' agitator-cavity air-ducts? Or has that not been carried through to the Vax versions? Just curious!

DC18

Reply #11   Jan 13, 2008 12:53 pm
Hi Trilobite

I'm not sure they are not in any shops as yet.  Well known that I've been in.  I've only seen pictures on the web and it catalogues.  They are not even on the Vax website as yet.

Will have to keep any eye out for them!

DC18

DC18

Reply #12   Feb 2, 2008 9:19 am
The Vax 'Mach' series are now in some UK shops.  I've had a brief first look at them in a shop the Mach 3, 5 and 6.  Looking at the Mach 5 and 6 they have the 'Wind tunnel' on the floor nozzles if my observation was correct.  Still not on the Vax UK website as yet.

The link below shows them on a UK Retail website Vax Mach 2 to 7.

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1975044789.1201961501@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciadedekjiflgcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=ProductList&category_oid=-30709&fm=5&sm=6&tm=0&show_all=true#VAX:(any):0:300:PageNo_0:SortOrder_DOWN

DC18

DC18

Reply #13   Feb 2, 2008 9:22 am
Also this link takes you to the new carpet washers Vax have launched, go towards the bottom of the link to see them. 

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1975044789.1201961501@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciadedekjiflgcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=ProductList&category_oid=-30621&fm=5&sm=6&tm=2&show_all=true#(any):(any):0:350:PageNo_1:SortOrder_DOWN

DC18

mole

Reply #14   Feb 2, 2008 9:37 am
Hey Dude, I really dont care about the Junk thats pushed in the U.K. , when the inventor going to reinvent a central vacuum with cyclonic suction?

OH I know he cant steal anyone elses patent ,and claim it .......

You dysoners are a joke.................

And please excuse me for not playing by the rules...................

MOLE

Motorhead

Reply #15   Feb 2, 2008 1:23 pm
mole wrote:
Hey Dude, I really dont care about the Junk thats pushed in the U.K. , when the inventor going to reinvent a central vacuum with cyclonic suction?

MOLE

A central vacuum that uses cyclone separation?  There's one out there already...Vacuflo!  They've been around for a while, I myself saw one for the first time at a home builder's show in January of '96 and I'm pretty sure they had been out for quite a few years even by that time.
Venson

Reply #16   Feb 2, 2008 2:30 pm
But that's been the idea well all along.  Modern central vacuum systems I knew of as early as the 1960s were bagless and used cyclonics, though possibly not referred to as that, for dust collection.  The idea was that the central vacuum could be used without bags -- a selling point -- and required infrequent emptying.  This meant a large dust container. The estimation for emptyiing was usually given as two time or so per year.  If I recall correctly there was usually a conical baffle within the main unit that allowed incoming air to spin and shed most of the dirt it carried before being blasted outdoors.

Changes have been made in recent times because though the idea of a central vacuum system is appealing it may not be easily workable in some situations due feasibilty of exhaust placement.  Thus came the central units we're seeing now that use large bags for dust collection plus exhaust filtration devices.

Please note that though Vacu-Flo produce a "filtered cylonic" system that does not require outside venting, saving on replacement bags, I wonder at the practicality considering the situation.  You'd still have to do either filter clean-up or replacement to maintain the unit.  Check out the links below especialy the PDF bearing the operators manual.

http://www.vacuflo.com/products_filteredcyclonic.html

http://www.vacuflo.com/pdf/FC300.pdf

Venson

This message was modified Feb 2, 2008 by Venson
Trilobite

Reply #17   Feb 3, 2008 11:44 am
mole wrote:

MOLE

If you don't care, then why the hell did you bother responding to "DC18's" posting?

Inane comments like that we can well do without! 

mole

Reply #18   Feb 3, 2008 11:59 am
Hi Trillo,you know something your right,i should have been more friendly to Chris,  since i sell him his parts..........

MOLE

Replies: 9 - 18 of 18Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42