Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Ka-boom . . .
Original Message   Nov 16, 2007 6:21 pm
More off-the-wall news . . .

A month or so ago, I posted a link to a news article relating how a teenager received third degree burns all over his body while trying to use a vacuum cleaner to syphon gas.  Here comes another one and this time the guy is thrity-three -- so much for growing older and wiser.

Blowing yourself up must be about to become a national sport.  Who knows what the scoring keeping system is or if there'll be a playoff.  Take a look at:

http://abqtrib.com/news/2007/nov/14/blast-injures-albuquerque-man-house-damaged/

Venson

This message was modified Nov 16, 2007 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
mole

Re: Ka-boom . . .
Reply #1   Nov 17, 2007 8:59 am
Hi Venson,somethings sometimes cant be put into words

MOLE

Venson

Reply #2   Nov 17, 2007 11:33 am
Hi Mole,

I agree but I just don't get it.  There are usually caution signs all over the place at gas stations and repair garages.  Over a lifetime and surely by the age of thirty-three we're inundated by information regarding hazardous substances.  And God only knows if there aren't enough stories about people and their misadventures, just about every high-speed chase in the movies has a car that catches fire and blows up.  It would seem that even anyone who couldn't read, write or add, would get some inkling that gasoline is highly volatile and dangerous. 

What can I say.  Life is a gift and the smarter of those among us usually try to hold on to it.  By the way, have a good Thanksgiving.

Best,

Venson

Trilobite

Reply #3   Nov 20, 2007 9:29 am
Ah, yes, variations on a theme.

Years ago, late eighties / early nineties, the UK press reported on a German woman who used her vacuum cleaner to suck up wasps. She could still hear them buzzing about inside, so she decided to gas them with gas from the cooker. When she switched on the cleaner, the kitchen blew apart!

Silly, silly, silly fools!

Venson

Reply #4   Nov 20, 2007 3:22 pm
Trilobite, that's priceless.   Necessity is the mother of invention -- and immolation too.

Best,

Venson

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42