Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda saved from the junkyard

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
oneputt

Honda saved from the junkyard
Original Message   Mar 17, 2005 6:24 pm

First post on what looks like a cool site. Anyhow the lady down the street was about to toss her old Honda HR21- CM   SXM. Not sure if this is totally correct, I can’t seem to find the full model number on this mower but it’s old and may not have any more numbers than the ones here. I’m cleaning things up and found that the 4 cables from the handle to the engine and deck have frozen up. Does any one have a trick to work these loose? I have fixed and repaired my share of  OPE pieces before (love the challenge) (wife thinks I’m weird) anyhow I’m kinda new to the Honda world and would welcome any help you folks could afford me with my quest to resurrect this old baby.  ie. is it worth fixing, up, are parts for older Honda readily available, any good web site to visit.

Thanks,

Rob

Lawn-Boy Silver Pro 6.5hp, Murray 20" 5.5hp mower, NOMA 1.6hp cultivator, Ryobi 31cc trimmer, Weedeater trimmer, Honda HS621 snow blower
Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
oneputt

Re: Honda saved from the junkyard
Reply #5   Mar 19, 2005 9:16 pm
Marty,

Your right about the wallet part...I had no idea parts were that high

I'm finding a little difficult actually identifying my engine. The only numbers I could find on my old Honda are HR21 with a CM stamped on the plate, along with a sticker on the front of the deck   SXM and OV150 3216097 stamped on the crankcase. None of which really identify my mower on the different web sites I go to. Obviously I’m missing something here.

Lawn-Boy Silver Pro 6.5hp, Murray 20" 5.5hp mower, NOMA 1.6hp cultivator, Ryobi 31cc trimmer, Weedeater trimmer, Honda HS621 snow blower
craigbab

Reply #6   May 27, 2011 9:33 pm
Hi Rob, This is my first time here also. I know this is 2011 but wondering if you still had the Honda SXM? I'm looking for a coil. I will check back here tommorow. 5 39 2011 Thanks Craig
trouts2

Reply #7   May 28, 2011 7:09 am
>>>Is it work saving.

Probably, that's a nice mower.

You can get an exploded view at www.boats.net, select Honda parts on the left, Lawnmower parts, then All Years.  From the list select HR21 SXA LAWN MOWER, JPN, VIN# HR21-1000001 TO HR21-1051093 (I think the SXA and SXM are the same).  Each breadown view has an orderable parts list and the parts for that mower are available.

For the Owners manual with maintenance info:

At: http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/manuals/Default.aspx

Select Lawnmowers then Other Lawn Mowers, which will give you a selectable list which has your mower.

The direct link is: http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/pdf/manuals/3195200.pdf

Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42