Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Does anyone working here?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Tradesman100

Does anyone working here?
Original Message   Mar 17, 2005 11:55 am
Are we a bunch of oldies sitting there and waiting for our pension check ?

By the way I'm 65 now

Replies: 24 - 33 of 33Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mrmom

Re: Does anyone working here?
Reply #24   Mar 17, 2005 6:01 pm
Emmo wrote:
Being Mr. Mom does have a few benefits  (coming to end shortly though)

Emmo, we're in the same boat. How long you been doing this? Was part time initially but am now fulltime for almost a year. Three little kids. It's actually easier to be doing a regular job than handling the kids. I also handle the house as well as yardwork and snowblowing. Not to mention cooking. Looks like I'll be doing this another several years as the littlest one is only  19 months and kindergarten doesn't start until they're 5.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #25   Mar 17, 2005 6:13 pm
Bill_D wrote:
Yeah, lol, I guess if your in the "click" you can say whore here.  Oh well maybe in my next life I'll be in the in crowd here.

Ahh, OK, I wasn't sure what you were referring to but I am tired and it has been a long week.

Since you brought it up, apples and oranges Bill, there is a difference.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #26   Mar 17, 2005 6:33 pm
No, there isnt.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #27   Mar 17, 2005 6:56 pm
Dear Tradesman,
Welcome to the forum! 
All are welcome.........we are all different ages, and are on at different times. 
We are from all walks of life.....all different vocations.
I'm on all different times, my schedule as a firefighter varies greatly.
I know Will from La. is into his 70's.........Termy is in his 20's, or perhaps even younger.
We are generally very easy going and friendly, and try to be helpful.
Dispite what this thread looks like, they don't all go straight into the gutter..........

Stick around and enjoy, and contribute if you feel led to......

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #28   Mar 17, 2005 9:29 pm
I work during the day, but as soon as I get home if I have no "honey do's " this is the first thing I do!

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Reply #29   Mar 17, 2005 10:20 pm
Your as young as you feel!!!! I'm 51 yrs young. Been rail roading for 31 of those!
Only laid off for 6 months during that time!
T.J. terry

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #30   Mar 17, 2005 10:28 pm
bmwe0692 wrote:
Your as young as you feel!!!! I'm 51 yrs young. Been rail roading for 31 of those!
Only laid off for 6 months during that time!
T.J. terry
Boy, that great TJ! And you're right, age is meaningless, it's all about what you are at heart. 

Majorxlr8n

Reply #31   Mar 18, 2005 1:00 am
Welcome Tradesman100! By any chance, do you own an old Dodge van?

I'm 42 & work the graveyard shift for a communications company. I have lots of time to play at night! I also get paid to take a 2-3 hour nap! My days are either spent sleeping, rustling up (like that one Fred? ) or fixing some unwanted OPE or playing on here again!

Marty

Emmo

Reply #32   Mar 18, 2005 2:03 pm
mrmom wrote:
Emmo, we're in the same boat. How long you been doing this? Was part time initially but am now fulltime for almost a year. Three little kids. It's actually easier to be doing a regular job than handling the kids. I also handle the house as well as yardwork and snowblowing. Not to mention cooking. Looks like I'll be doing this another several years as the littlest one is only  19 months and kindergarten doesn't start until they're 5.

Hi mrmom,

you have a PM
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Reply #33   Mar 18, 2005 4:23 pm
I am 60 and will be "retiring" in 2 months after 30 years of state employment. I'll be able to devote more time to our market garden business and will try to get a part time winter job. My wife is nervous about me being around.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
Replies: 24 - 33 of 33Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42