Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Stihl Help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Tradesman100

Stihl Help
Original Message   Mar 17, 2005 8:32 am
I have a Stihl BG 61AV leaf blower that will not run. I started it and it ran for about 3 minutes and quit. I started again an it ran for about one minute. I checked the plug and checked for obstuctions but no luck. It seem to be getting fuel as I can smell it when it remove the air filter. I removed the muffler and the exhaust port is not clogged. How do I check the voltage to the spark plug? Any other suggestions?
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
buttlint

Re: Stihl Help
Reply #1   Mar 17, 2005 9:13 am
Check the fuel line for cracks.
robmints

Reply #2   Mar 17, 2005 9:49 am
Tradesman,

Lint has posted before how common it is for certain Stihl products in particular to have fuel line problems. And if I remember correctly, the crack is sometimes inside the tank, or with something to do with the little fuel pick up do-hickie on the end of the line inside the tank.

You might want to check what lint suggests and post back with what you find, before you go down another trail.

SnowPro

Reply #3   Mar 17, 2005 10:14 am
When you said that you checked the plug, what did you find?  Was it wet or dry?  If fuel is getting into the cylinder, then with all those attempts to start it, the plug would be wet.  If it is dry, then fuel is likely not getting through. You may have a plugged up carb.  Smelling fuel around the air filter does not mean that fuel is getting to the cylinder.

Ken

This message was modified Mar 17, 2005 by SnowPro
Tradesman100

Reply #4   Mar 17, 2005 11:39 am
Found the problem guys fuel line was clogged with debris. Blower is running well.
wulbert2001

Re:hl 100 hedge trimmer
Reply #5   Aug 23, 2009 5:36 pm
i was usTradesman100 wrote:
I have a Stihl BG 61AV leaf blower that will not run. I started it and it ran for about 3 minutes and quit. I started again an it ran for about one minute. I checked the plug and checked for obstuctions but no luck. It seem to be getting fuel as I can smell it when it remove the air filter. I removed the muffler and the exhaust port is not clogged. How do I check the voltage to the spark plug? Any other suggestions?

i was using my stihl hl 100 hedge trimmer it was going fine then it died of death no power my pal told me to check where u put the grease for clutch do u think thats the problem had plug out it was pretty black help .....cheers
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42