Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Power Purner help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Power Purner help
Original Message   Mar 16, 2005 8:14 pm
Hey guys, I was at Lowes today just looking around raining here today and tomm. So i figured what better time to mozey around Lowes. I been thinking really hard about buying a power pruner. We have the sthil ones at work they say 4 stroke on them but you still mix the gas. Them don't seem to have the quickness of the regular 2 stroke. I looked at the huskavarna' s today, and I have Echo's products catalog. The price of these  things really shock me. I really want one for around the house and for when I'm out doing yards maybe do some simple trimming and make a few extra dollars. Anyone have any of these brands of pruners?? Thanks again ,Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Power Purner help
Reply #1   Mar 16, 2005 8:32 pm
hi Mike...

i sell the husky,the redmax,the shindiawa,the maruyama.and have sold the echo and poulan.

expierence tells me that the best is by far the maruyama.

the shindiawa is  the next one in my book.havent sold the stihl but some are quality units.

the echo also is a pretty good unit.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
buttlint

Reply #2   Mar 16, 2005 8:57 pm
Mike,
I have a Stihl HT75.
You are right....they are pricey for use around the house, but I had a lot of trimming around my house and my cost justified what I would have paid someone too do the job.
I have some friends and relatives that have found some uses for it too.
I have pro cutter customers that love the things.
I havent seen a lot of problems with them......the most common problem I see is people running them over with trucks and bending the shafts. (It just happens)
If you can justify the initial cost...they are well worth having. I dont think I would waste my time or money on the homeowner pruners...they tend too break real easy and usually dont have the range that the pro-product does.
HTH
robmints

Reply #3   Mar 16, 2005 9:03 pm
Can you get a head for the trimmer you have?
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #4   Mar 16, 2005 9:15 pm
Robmints I don't think so. I have the Huskavarna 123L line trimmer, And just a cheap weedeater hedge trimmer. I don't know of any for the Huskavarna. If that is what you was talking about.  Hope it was. I don't know if this sounds dumb or not but I'd kinda like to just get the whole unit that way, I could save wear on my trimmer motor for my yards. Thanks Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #5   Mar 17, 2005 1:42 am
I wrote a long review a while back about my Echo ppt260.  I also bought tyhe 5' extension for it.  I love it!!  Be sure to wear proper head gear!!!  Also use the harness included, and work in short spurts, and then rest your arms.  I'm in prettyu good shape physically, and thougt I tore a bicep for a while my 1st 2 hours of operation w/ it.  Heres the specs on it, also look up the extension, it's good to have as well.http://www.alamia.com/index.asp?PG=80&ID=776&VSP=0

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #6   Mar 17, 2005 9:00 pm
Thanks guys for all the input, now I just got to talk the wife into it!

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42