Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > used Cub cadet

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sawme

1Thess 4: 11-12

used Cub cadet
Original Message   Mar 16, 2005 2:16 am

Hello to all

I'm almost ready to put the yardman rider that I have out to pasture . The tractor has served my family well.

I looked at another Mtd product this evening it was a 98 Cub cadet 2135. The mower has been well maintained and seemed to be in great shape. It has a Kohler motor with Hydrostactic drive I think it was 14hp. He is asking 600.00 and won't take less. The tractor would suit our lawn care needs fine. I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on this model.

Thanks Tom

Stihl 036/MS-55 YB /Homelite Trimmer/ Troy-Bilt Tiller/ MTD Rider/ Honda HS1132TA
Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: used Cub cadet
Reply #7   Mar 16, 2005 5:32 pm
600 bucks...

just exactly where is it ,im on my way and will need specific directions from nova scotia.

thats an awesome tractor and if there is anything left of it at all i would give you 2000 for it on a trade for a new one.

darn why dont i find those deals.

oh well let us know how you make out will you , i will drool over it some and may even send you a can of wax for it.

later chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
sawme

Reply #8   Mar 16, 2005 7:14 pm

Thank you all for the feed back. That is why I like this forum so much. I called and left a message to say I would take it , so I'll have to wait and see. I'll pick it up tomorrow if all goes well.

It is nice to get a good deal once in awhile, but my ope dealer is going to be disappointed. Although he sold this man a brand new tractor this week. That made this one come up for sale. I'll let everone know how it goes.

Thanks again Tom

Stihl 036/MS-55 YB /Homelite Trimmer/ Troy-Bilt Tiller/ MTD Rider/ Honda HS1132TA
sawme

Reply #9   Mar 17, 2005 5:50 pm

Well here is what I got for 600.00 today and I am very pleased. A good wash and fix a tear in the seat and it's ready for mowing season.

The man I bought it from serviced it and put new belts on it before I got it today . I think he's going to miss it.

Thanks to all for your input.

Tom

jubol

Reply #10   Mar 17, 2005 5:57 pm
 SAWME,

Your tractor was in the Dover Post today on sale for $1699.00.

You should put on a MASK and GUN like Marty does!!

You stole it! !  !

Fred     

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #11   Mar 17, 2005 6:02 pm
Ya done good. 
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #12   Mar 18, 2005 12:28 am
That is a nice nice deal on a nice looking tractor.  What is the deck like? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Majorxlr8n

Reply #13   Mar 18, 2005 12:52 am
Awesome deal Tom! You got a great price on a great tractor! Looks REAL NICE - good luck with it!!!

Marty

sawme

Reply #14   Mar 18, 2005 6:08 am

Fred I hope he doesn't  think that I stole it because his son in law is a police officer for the town I live in. I found out last night that the SIL wanted to buy it too. I hope he and I are still friends.......

Ajace the deck is in really good shape. It doesn't have any rust . It needs a good cleaning. The blades were sharpened last fall when the mower was put away and it also came with a spare set that he bought with the tractor.

He listed all the service done over the years in the manual. I felt a little humbled by seeing that. I almost couldn't look at my own OPE when I got home. I thought I was treating them well..

Tom
This message was modified Mar 18, 2005 by sawme

pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #15   Mar 18, 2005 7:05 am
Tom---Man it is hard to believe you got that Lawn tractor for $600.00.   If a man ever got a bargain you got it.  Glad for you and hope you get many years of use out of it.  I can recall us servicing several of these mowers when I was at the Vo tech and I loved that drive shaft instead of a belt , plus it was a well made mower overall.  Take care and may God bless you and your family, today, and always.----Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
sawme

Reply #16   Mar 18, 2005 8:32 pm

Yep Will 600.00.  I'm sure that it will do fine. It's so nice to here from you and I hope that you are feeling better every day.

God bless you too!

Tom

Replies: 7 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42