Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow On The Way Long Island

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Snow On The Way Long Island
Original Message   Feb 20, 2005 2:28 pm
Amounts increased to 4"-7" and will start coming down hours earlier than originally predicted.  Have a good one, Long Islander's

Richie
Replies: 34 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Jonathan

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. -Zsa Zsa

Re: Snow On The Way Long Island
Reply #34   Mar 12, 2005 7:33 am
We have about the same here. Still snowing. We are concerned about a late Spring as we have a market garden and usually start planting peas in late March and getting early crops in the ground (we start plants inside under lights) in April for the first market on May 7. There is at least a foot of snow on the ground in most areas; more where it has drifted. I'm going to try to till the ground in our unheated greenhouse if it isn't frozen. On sunny days the temps in there get over 80 F.

2004 Ariens 11528LE, Troybilt Horse "Big Red" Tiller (original), Troybilt Tuffy Tiller (original), Sears LT1000 mower, Lawn Boy 7073 21" mower, Stihl FS55 RC trimmer, Poulan Countervibe 3400 chainsaw
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Snow On The Way Long Island
Reply #35   Mar 12, 2005 11:01 am
gardening eh...well there are some folks around here that will shovel the snow off there garden just so they can plant peas before anyone else...crazy in my opinion. but i plan on doing some gardening a little later on.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 34 - 35 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42