Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New models of Deere's Lawn Tractors

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

New models of Deere's Lawn Tractors
Original Message   Mar 5, 2005 10:27 pm
There appears to be new models in the 100 series line............Deere 100 series

It looks like they also added some new models to the LT, LX, and X series.

Snowshoveler of MissSnowshoveler, did Husqvarna add any new models or have any upgrades for 2005?
Replies: 5 - 14 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
boblloyd

"Forty-two," said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.

Re: New models of Deere's Lawn Tractors
Reply #5   Mar 6, 2005 12:41 pm
L100 series lawn tractors are made in the John Deere Power Products factory in Greeneville, TN.    However, I agree they are no better than comparable Husq, Craftsman, or Cub Cadets and  are considerably more expensive.  The L111 is new this year and my local Home Depot has a display model with a transparent hood.  Too bad they don't sell them that way. The clear hood is pretty cool.    -Bob
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #6   Mar 6, 2005 3:57 pm
hey guys...

some years ago JD bought out some of what was left of homelite.

i beleive they got the tractors assembly plant.

now if you put JD cash into the plant then you could get a pretty decent tractor if you wanted to.

i think this is where the low end john deeres come from.

there too costly here but in the states they should be competive.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Marshall

Reply #7   Mar 6, 2005 6:09 pm
Bob, thanks.

That's what I thought too. I figured maybe something had changed that I had not heard about yet, that's why I asked.
robmints

Reply #8   Mar 6, 2005 6:37 pm
Bob,
Here's one with a "clear" hood. Does not seem to be too much trouble to make the modification on any machine.

Marshall

Reply #9   Mar 6, 2005 8:05 pm
robmints wrote:
Bob,
Here's one with a "clear" hood. Does not seem to be too much trouble to make the modification on any machine.

Rob, is that what they mean by "sticker tires"?
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #10   Mar 7, 2005 6:01 am
MissSnowshoveler wrote:
No - they upgraded a year or two ago but, I haven't seen the 2005's yet, so I can't be 100% sure.

But what we have found with the smaller Deeres around here is that they aren't all they're cracked up to be.  High price and not the quality that you think you are getting.  The smaller Deeres aren't made by John Deere - they're like all the others, Husqvarna has their tractors around here made by AYP, and smaller Cubs are made by MTD.  (AT least as far as I know - still not quite into the lawn mowing yet).

Sherri

Well w/ all due respect Sherri, I dont think John Deer is that proud of the 100 series, but in this WalMart age we are in, people will line up to buy junk, at a low price.  Remeber the Cadillac Cimarron????   JD certainly noticed the nitch in the market  of people willing to buy a "big name" tractor for a crud brand price.  Blame it on what ya want, but peeps will always buy a $1,000 Sears 28HP tractor thinkin they got the baddest boy on the block.  Parlay that oversized engine w/ a wimpy frame, and wimpy all around build, gives ya what one would expect , a couple years of service.  JD didnt put itself on the map makin crap, but we have shown them a profit can be made offering a crap line.  If you want a tractor that will last 20+ years look at the LT series JD tractor at least.  If you want some $899-$1499 piece of crap, buy a Sears, MTD, or 100 JD riding lawn mower. IMHO, the JD 100 series is comparable w/ what it was marketed to compete w/, crap.  I've bought the piece of crap in the past, only to buy a new tractor a few years later.  Stretch for what ya can initially, as ya dont want to make the "I wish I bought" mistake.  
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #11   Mar 7, 2005 6:35 am
Bill_D wrote:
Well w/ all due respect Sherri, I dont think John Deer is that proud of the 100 series, but in this WalMart age we are in, people will line up to buy junk, at a low price.  Remeber the Cadillac Cimarron????   JD certainly noticed the nitch in the market  of people willing to buy a "big name" tractor for a crud brand price.  Blame it on what ya want, but peeps will always buy a $1,000 Sears 28HP tractor thinkin they got the baddest boy on the block.  Parlay that oversized engine w/ a wimpy frame, and wimpy all around build, gives ya what one would expect , a couple years of service.  JD didnt put itself on the map makin crap, but we have shown them a profit can be made offering a crap line.  If you want a tractor that will last 20+ years look at the LT series JD tractor at least.  If you want some $899-$1499 piece of crap, buy a Sears, MTD, or 100 JD riding lawn mower. IMHO, the JD 100 series is comparable w/ what it was marketed to compete w/, crap.  I've bought the piece of crap in the past, only to buy a new tractor a few years later.  Stretch for what ya can initially, as ya dont want to make the "I wish I bought" mistake.  

Alot of people make that mistake around here.  But they learn the hard way on what to look for in a quality tractor.  After learning the hard way they look hard at the OPE in general, be it a tractor, lawn mower, tiller, snowblower whatever. 

Then there are the people who learn from their neighbors mistakes and go right for the quality even if they can't afford it.  They know they won't be throwing their money away.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #12   Mar 8, 2005 4:00 pm
I will go with the L118 if you don't mind...whata great machine

Michael

Snow, What Snow?

Reply #13   Mar 10, 2005 1:42 pm
I find this one interesting, but here is my take on this issue if the L-series are junk how do you explain my 2 year old L-120,  This tractor has taken all the abuse that my rough yard can give and the only warranty issue on the tractor has been the rib nut on the hood fell off and sheared the hood pins on the right hand side of the hood.  A new hood and I was back in operation mowing yard.  My dealer has been excellent in the turn around of the unit in the fact he had the new hood and tractor back to me in 3 days and it has kept my over 2 acres of lawn mowed and looking like a professional has maintained my yard.  I finally had to replace the blades on the tractor after 2 full seasons of mowing the grass this spring.  A funny thing is if this is the POS that everyone claims how come are the tractors are flying off dealer and Home Depot sells areas?  I think that the update to the tractors is a good thing.  The L110 is discontinued and the L-111 is replacing it.  The L-111 has the same engine as last years L-120 and the 42" deck(basically the same as last years L-118),  The L-118 this year has the Briggs and Stratton 22 HP engine 42" deck.  The L-120 has the new 22 HP engine and the 48" deck and the L-130 remains the same except the L-120 and L-130 has a hundred dollar increase in price.

Kubota L-185 w/ FEL

John Deere L120 Lawn Tractor

Marshall

Reply #14   Mar 10, 2005 1:48 pm
It seems to me that the people that own them like them.
Replies: 5 - 14 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42