Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help with single stage blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Willys

Need help with single stage blower
Original Message   Mar 5, 2005 12:43 pm
Hi Guys:

I'm new here and really need some help. I'm in the process of trying to mate a single stage blower to my ATV using a separate motor to run the blower. The question is....at what speed does the blower auger need to run at? RPM wise. It is a 40" wide 18" high blower. I need it to be able to blow snow about 15 plus feet. I don't know what make the blower is but it is almost new and came off of a Murrey tractor I believe but could be wrong. It is black in colour with chute controls on the left, with no name plate on the blower itself. If I can get the blower final RPM speed then I can figure out what HP motor I need to run it and at what speed.

Thanks for your help.

Willys

Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Willys

Re: Need help with single stage blower
Reply #5   Mar 5, 2005 2:40 pm
Hi guys:

The blower is a horizontal drive unit. It came off of a 16 hp tractor I would expect. I don't have any pics yet.

Isn't there anywhere  around that would give blower RPM specs? There must be a required or optimen Rpm that all blowers run at of that size etc. This is really a simple thing if you are in the know so to speak.  Obviously I'm not in the know!   lol

Thanks again

Willys

solara

Reply #6   Mar 5, 2005 4:13 pm
chris,  even if all simplicitys 9-12 are 12 hp......i do not believe that if u bought a 9hp b&s engine that u were receiving a down labelled 12hp.

and chris in response to your question as to prices the only ope store that i went  into revently (watertown, ma) had bicycles and a couple of used machines.  nothing new left

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
skyking3

Reply #7   Mar 6, 2005 8:12 pm
hi willys and welcome ,

my deere has an 18" by 36" auger housing and has an 4 1/4" pulley on the engine and an 8" pulley on the outside of the blower housing............

the 8" pulley on the outside of the housing is on a shaft that connects to a 3" gear inside the housing ....the chain runs to an 7 1/4" gear on the auger shaft...................

the engine runs at 3600 rpm........................and i can toss snow almost 20'

if you need the teeth count on the gears i can check that for you , let me know...............

hope this helps you some,

bill

ps............. this tractor came with an 8 hp kohler but after  using it , i would recommend bigger...........

walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #8   Mar 7, 2005 12:03 am
I will go with 3 inches and 5 inches to make the thing blow enough

Replies: 5 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42