Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Murray snowblower question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ryegge

Murray snowblower question
Original Message   Feb 21, 2005 11:55 am
Hello Everyone,

I purchased a 8HP Murray snowblower about threer weeks ago. I really like the features and how it handles. With the cab I added, it is really warm even in our harsh cold and wind up here in NE Wisconsin.

Last night when I went out to blow the 9 inches of snow we received, the blower ran for about ten minutes then just shut down. I could get it started with a couple of pumps of the choke and a single pull. It would then run for about 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, then shut down again. After trying this for an hour, I ended up shoveling!!

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks!

Replies: 21 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ryegge

Re: Murray snowblower question
Reply #21   Feb 28, 2005 10:20 am
Thank you to all who responded to my original question.

Yes, it did turn out to be the gas cap. The cap that came with thesnowblower was missing the insert inside the cap. Once they gave me a new cap, it worked just fine. I am really glad as I had to use it last night for the new snowfall we received.

newtonian

Murray snowblower question
Reply #22   Mar 1, 2005 7:49 am
I had the same problem and posted here:

http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/7953-0-1.html

You'll likely find some presents consisting of an aluminum disc and other materials sloshing around in your tank.

2012 Ariens ST24DLE
Semi Retired Ariens 9526 in active reserve
Unknown vintage 5HP Ariens to restore

Replies: 21 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42