Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Cleaned the shop

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sawme

1Thess 4: 11-12

Cleaned the shop
Original Message   Feb 26, 2005 11:51 am
        Well Thursday's storm brought  7" of snow on the ground but only 2" on the sidewalk and driveway  so I cleaned the shop to get ready for some woodworking that I need to get done.

Maybe Monday. They say that this storm could be a big one. We'll see .........

Tom

Stihl 036/MS-55 YB /Homelite Trimmer/ Troy-Bilt Tiller/ MTD Rider/ Honda HS1132TA
Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
robmints

Re: Cleaned the shop
Reply #6   Feb 26, 2005 6:41 pm
Hey, that's not a shop. You can see the floor.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Feb 26, 2005 6:45 pm
Nice workshop Tom! 
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Reply #8   Feb 26, 2005 7:23 pm
nice uncluttered shop.

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #9   Feb 26, 2005 7:44 pm
robmints wrote:
Hey, that's not a shop. You can see the floor.

Rob You got my vote as the laugh for the day.

I knew there was something missing, Like the snap on tool calander (bathing suite issue)  And the recent stihl Chopper foldout Centerfold poster.  I read the fine print, you do not win the Chic chick  modeling with the chopper.   

That brings up my own personal thing that for me makes a shop so worthwhile and efficient.  Whenever you have to stop, all you have to do is close the door, then go back in next time and  you can start right where you left off.  Sure minor clean-up and organization thru the process, then do a good clean-up when done.

Ben07

This message was modified Feb 26, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #10   Feb 27, 2005 9:03 am
whats that sign or whatever thats says LAGUNA...

friend of mine had a laguna car once drove it like a lunatic ..any relation ?

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #11   Feb 27, 2005 9:21 am
The Laguna looks like a very nice band saw...........
(darn, now I got drool all over my keyboard...................)

Very nice Tom! 
By coincidence, my wife was just telling me last night that it is time to take on another project. She was thinking on having me finish the basement and turning some of that space down there into a nice workshop.  She says she is tired of having all my tools all over the place and stuff piled onto the table saw, radial arm saw, etc.
She wants me to go out to but some nice workshop cabinets and get organized.
I've been too cheap to get to it.....looking for old used kitchen cabinets, but none have come around.  She says I should just go out and get some workshop cabinets and get it done.

I guess I've been dumb.  I'm lucky enough to have a wife who WANTS me to make a nice workshop, wants to help me do it, and does not care about the cost of doing it right.  She's great. She could sweat copper, do electrical work, hang drywall, do almost anything she sets her mind to do.

I've got the tools, but no organization. ....I'm ashamed to say I'm always looking around for tools I can't find, spending more time looking then doing the project.   I end up owning three of the same tool because I cannot find the two I already own.

The basement is about 55' by 30', and I have not done a thing with it. There are piles and drywall buckets everywhere stuffed with tools, nails, screws, etc. Plastic buckets everywhere with electrical stuff, plumbing stuff, etc.  I don't even know where to start.  It's embarrassing.

Anyway, Tom, that sure is a nice shop......I'm impressed and hopefully inspired.

Any suggestions would be taken..........I just gotta do it.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #12   Feb 27, 2005 9:46 am

Just do it!

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #13   Feb 27, 2005 9:47 am
how about that ...it is a bandsaw.my eyes are painted on i guess

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #14   Feb 27, 2005 12:18 pm
Paula,
You are right.........I'm gonna.
I just need to grit my teeth and throw stuff away.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #15   Feb 27, 2005 10:58 pm
A nice 80' x 80' shop would be real nice.  Somewhere I can shop the vehicles and still work on everything there.  Store all the power equipment and do all my work there.  Saw me how big is your area? 
Frank, I hope you are going to put a large door in case you need to get things in there.    I guess the next house you build you will have that dream workshop like I mentioned.      I don't have that setup just yet.  

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42