Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Saw a Toro GroundMaster plowing snow today

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Saw a Toro GroundMaster plowing snow today
Original Message   Feb 25, 2005 1:47 pm
I was on my way to work, and saw a fella plowing snow with an old (1980s?) vintage Toro GroundMaster (front mounted mowing unit) that had the mower deck removed and a plow fitted up. I got to thinking about this set up... rear wheel steering, front wheel drive with the vast majority of the weight on the drive wheels... should work great! Anyone else out there plow/blow snow with a front mount mower unit? I know that several manufacturers make them. How do you like it?

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
robmints

Re: Saw a Toro GroundMaster plowing snow today
Reply #1   Feb 25, 2005 6:22 pm
Joe,
The college near work uses Exmark ZTRs with all the bells and whistles. They have trailers, plows, blowers, brooms, snowblowers, I know I'm missing some stuff. They look like they work real well. Oh yeah, tow behind spreaders, who knows what else. The hospital, college complex is the largest private employer in Maryland. If they want it, they get it.
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Saw a Toro GroundMaster plowing snow today
Reply #2   Feb 25, 2005 6:34 pm
Nope but I am going to keep my eye out for one, sounds pretty cool.

Everyone up here uses Snowblowers (walk behind, attachements, etc), plows, shovels, and 4 Wheelers with plows.

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42