Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Using Ethanol in OPE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
LazyPort

Land Roover Land

Using Ethanol in OPE
Original Message   Feb 23, 2005 4:08 pm
Hi Mate!

I heard on OPE convention here in Brisbane that Ethanol could be an alternative for gasoline in th OPE?

Is this on the way in America?

Never let a child running these machine without watching them carefully

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
jodyand

Dodge
you drive the Rest I drive the Best.
That thang got a Hemi?SWEETTTT

Re: Using Ethanol in OPE
Reply #1   Feb 23, 2005 6:27 pm
Some places thats all you have to run in anything. Us here in Baton Rouge La. last year almost had to start running that in everything. Thank God they put a stop to it it would have cost about 10 cents more a gal and it wouldnt have made the power or have gotten the mileage that gas gets.

robmints

Reply #2   Feb 23, 2005 7:35 pm
Around here they don't use an ethanol additive in gas, they use MTBE. It's cheap. Keeps the price of gas down a bit.

Now the MTBE is in wells around gas stations. Causing a big stink. I mean a big deal.  Personally, I would like to pay a little more for gas so a farmer could make a few bucks supplying grain to the coop to make ethanol. Rather than giving the money to Big Foreign Oil for some MTBE to keep my gas cheap and poison my well.
nibbler

Reply #3   Feb 24, 2005 10:18 am
My B&S manual specifically states not to use Alcohol based gas so I try not too. Its hard to tell since some stations don't mention it.
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #4   Feb 26, 2005 10:58 am
Ethanol is not a bad thing as long as it quality, I know a lot of farmersd around here use it in their OPE with no problem so...

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42