Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Part Update

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Ariens Part Update
Original Message   Feb 22, 2005 10:06 am
Hey Guys,
just a quick post to let you know that I picked up my snow cab/weight kit from my Ariens dealer today.........still in the box.
I also told them about that small part that broke, the "Sno clean out mount".  They said they would be happy to order one and come out to the house to install it under warranty.
I instead called Ariens and told them it broke, and they are mailing me two of them, (an extra in case it happens again) in todays mail.
I'll drill out the rivets and use small stainless steel bolts to attach, so if it does happen again, it wil be easier to replace.

While I was at the dealer, I noticed that the John Deere Frontier models use a nice "mop hanger" type bracket with a rubber spacer to attach their snow sticks.......a better system.

I could see Ariens changing this bracket in future model years.

Anyway, I was pleased with the service.  just thought I'd let ya know.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
robmints

Re: Ariens Part Update
Reply #1   Feb 22, 2005 6:16 pm
Matbe they should just call Toro and find out what kind of plastic to use.

Glad they are looking out for you Frank.
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #2   Feb 23, 2005 11:04 am
Id rather spend a few bucks, and find some nice stainless units from a marina. They would outlast tha whole machine.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Feb 23, 2005 3:21 pm
Dear Mountainman,
These marina brackets........are they made for boats to hold net handles or something?
Sounds like a good idea.
I just thought it was good that they are sending me two of them.....if the next one breaks, I will use something different.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42