Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh Gas Cap Design

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
newtonian

Tecumseh Gas Cap Design
Original Message   Feb 21, 2005 10:27 pm
What's the metal disk and foam thing that's on the underside of a Tecumseh gas cap designed to do?

Discovered on my first gas refill that the parts on mine fell into the gas tank.  Fished them out but don't see how they stay on the shaft -- perhaps a clip broke off I haven't retreived.

Will replace cap, but for now was just wondering what that stuff does......

2012 Ariens ST24DLE
Semi Retired Ariens 9526 in active reserve
Unknown vintage 5HP Ariens to restore

Replies: 19 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
solara

Re: Tecumseh Gas Cap Design
Reply #19   Feb 26, 2005 10:07 am
NEWTONIAN WHO GAVE U THE Hard time ? f --------------------- in watertown?

did u sell the  wrong starter and buy the new one?

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #20   Feb 26, 2005 11:05 am
Simple question here, those caps are standard and fits all model or just a few

Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Reply #21   Feb 26, 2005 11:07 am
Richie, in this case, "no bad deed goes unpublished"

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #22   Feb 26, 2005 11:37 am
just a note ...

the caps are standard and fit all the snowking 4stroke engines from about 1985 and up ,there is a new one for this year but it will retro fit the previous machhines

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Richie

Bring On The White Stuff

Reply #23   Feb 26, 2005 12:10 pm
Hey Newt,

I just reread your post and realized I missed the fact you actually purchased your snowblower from HD.  Obviously that's why your dealer was on the grumpy side.  I myself have had dealers get irate when you even mention if they can match or beat a price from HD.  That even occurred several times when looking for shrubs and asking the person behind the counter if they can match HD.  They get upset about the "little guy" not being able to make a living anymore, and rightly so.  I actually try to shop at the local businesses as much as I can.  I still think it's in their best interest to still build some type of relationship with the customer, since non-warranty repairs tend to get pricey.  Especially with these sensitive EPA carburetors on everything, I have no doubt their service departments are kept extremely busy with carburetor servicing.

Richie
headscratcher

Reply #24   Nov 10, 2008 2:57 pm
What's the metal disk and foam thing that's on the underside of a Tecumseh gas cap designed to do?

Discovered on my first gas refill that the parts on mine fell into the gas tank. Fished them out but don't see how they stay on the shaft -- perhaps a clip broke off I haven't retreived.

Will replace cap, but for now was just wondering what that stuff does......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same thing happened to my old Craftsman mower. The salesman at Sears said that the disk is just a "splash guard" which prevents gas from leaking out of a filled tank. The new caps have been redesigned without the disk.

The disk was held in place by squishing down on the center plastic prong of the cap with a hot "soldering iron" type tool(not to be done anywhere near a filled gas tank!). :-)

Headscratcher
Replies: 19 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42