Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sears, Homelite, chainsaw

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Sears, Homelite, chainsaw
Original Message   Feb 19, 2005 2:36 pm
I am looking for a chainsaw to do very small work around my house (mainly 3 or 4" branches that fall, occasional firewood size logs when a bigger branch comes down).  I saw a Sears 35066 16" chainsaw and a 16 " Homelite chainsaw.  Each are about $125, each has about a 33cc - 36 cc engine.  I was wondering if anyone has experience with either of these, with strong convictions either way about them.  It will probably be used about one hour per year total.

Another possibilility is to go Echo or other "bigger brand but used".  I read the other post about chainsaws and found that information very helpful.  If I can find a used saw at a comparable price I will evaluate that route.  Agent Orange sells their used saws from time to time, although they are about $250, and if I was going to buy that I could get a new smaller Echo. 

Thank you, in advance, for any information you can give me.

Best regards,

Walt 

Replies: 1 - 26 of 26View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 26 of 26View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42