Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > An Apology from SnowRemover

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
KRoach

An Apology from SnowRemover
Original Message   Feb 18, 2005 9:31 am
Normally an apology is a simple thing.  Admit wrong doing and ask for forgiveness.  In this particular case I think that would be a mistake without explaining my short history here at AbbysGuide and how I’ve changed during that time.

I came here in mid-January, 2005 asking for help in buying a snow blower.  Many people went out of their way to give me their thoughts and opinions.  In return for their work, I responded with harshness, skepticism, and crassness.  I wanted more information from these people and somehow felt they owed me, when in truth it was I who was in debt to them.

After about a week the moderators decided to take some action – specifically ChrisS who publicly warned me.  Warned ME!  How dare he, I thought, I’m SnowRemover.  Instead of taking the warning to heart, I responded in a defensive manner.  More specifically, how a pre-adolescent responds to an adult who always gives in to every temper tantrum.

At this point, I’d be lying if I told you I thought I had done anything wrong.  In fact, I believed myself to be the beacon on a hill, not an instigator of arguments.  After a few days of being non-argumentative, I found myself without the capability of replying to a topic, or starting a new one.  Most logical and decent people would have taken this as a wake up call and asked what needed to be done to make amends – but not ME!  No, I am SnowRemover and I pushed back hard, writing off Private Messages to ChrisS and Marshall demanding my posting rights.  When this failed, I even threatened to come on this site with multiple identities should they not reinstitute my privileges.

To their credit, the moderators stood their ground.  To my discredit, I followed through with my plan.  I created multiple identities on the site, forcing the mods to ban these user names and the administrator (Peter) to lock out my IP Address.

Yet again, the message “You’re a jerk” was getting through.  I was SnowRemover, and I can spoof IP addresses and get around these locks.  And so I did, getting more user names, flaunting my prowess and believing I was better than the moderators on the site, better than the administrator and better than the users.

I came back as different users, but found myself, at times needing real advice.  Found myself needing AbbysGuide and its collective wisdom.  I wish I could say I had an epiphanic moment, when the light clicked on in my head and I suddenly realized what a fool I’d been, but that wasn’t the case.  It was more of a long term realization, where each day I found myself more resentful that my posts were being removed and my new identities banned, but not resentful at the mods or the administrator, instead at myself. 

If I was the great SnowRemover, why did I keep coming back here?  Why did I need your advice?  How could someone who is better than all others, need those people.  These were the questions that stewed in my head the last ten days.

And here I am, today, asking for your forgiveness.  A forgiveness that, if the shoe be on the other foot, only a few short days ago, I would not return to you.  That is the position I’m in today, asking once again for your generosity and sympathy, which I’ve already taken, used and scorned before.

The moderators here have been good enough to allow me to post this apology to you, the users, to the moderators and the administrator.  I ask for your forgiveness.

Sincerely,
SnowRemover

Replies: 6 - 15 of 50Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Dantheman

Re: An Apology from SnowRemover
Reply #6   Feb 18, 2005 10:40 am
KROACH,

Not only asking for forgivness but being repentant too??? How could I refuse........

Welcome back brother!!!

Dan

Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #7   Feb 18, 2005 10:48 am

Play by the rules, play nice with the good folks here, have a little fun,  earn the respect of your fellow members and you'll be more than welcome back.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

TheKneebiter

Reply #8   Feb 18, 2005 11:00 am
I smell a skunk !

robmints

Reply #9   Feb 18, 2005 11:38 am
SnowRemover,

Do you think you could help me write a note to my wife?

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #10   Feb 18, 2005 1:32 pm
MInts

Why?  What did you do??

Snowremover

You'll be judged by your actions, not your words.  The moderators have been more than patient with you...so hopefully you'll put your money where your mouth is and repay their kindess in kind. 

Paula 

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #11   Feb 18, 2005 2:03 pm
Hi Snowremover! It's nice to get a second chance, make the most of it. I hope all goes well for you here.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #12   Feb 18, 2005 2:09 pm
robmints wrote:
SnowRemover,

Do you think you could help me write a note to my wife?

LOL.         Classic Mints.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
jogo

Reply #13   Feb 18, 2005 4:06 pm
Hmmmm.....which of the "many user's is actually apologizing?

Just kidding...welcome back!

Red Max EB78001 blower
Echo PB1000 blower
Sears ? blower
Sears 16" chainsaw
John Deere STX38
Murray 21" push mower
Echo SRM1501 weed wacker
Excell/Honda pressure washer
Ariens 11528
whitedog

cry once when you buy it, not every time you use it!

Reply #14   Feb 18, 2005 4:25 pm
TheKneebiter wrote:
I smell a skunk !

i know the christian thing to do is forgive, but...

i start a pool and bet 4 quatloos on march 15 2005

wd

This message was modified Feb 19, 2005 by whitedog

ope: ariens 8524, winco 8kw - b/s vanguard v twin, little giant 5 hp b/s, stihl br-650

the difference between smart and stupid is stupid knows no bounds

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #15   Feb 18, 2005 4:29 pm
What's a quatloo? And would I want one?

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 6 - 15 of 50Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42