Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > An Apology from SnowRemover

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
KRoach

An Apology from SnowRemover
Original Message   Feb 18, 2005 9:31 am
Normally an apology is a simple thing.  Admit wrong doing and ask for forgiveness.  In this particular case I think that would be a mistake without explaining my short history here at AbbysGuide and how I’ve changed during that time.

I came here in mid-January, 2005 asking for help in buying a snow blower.  Many people went out of their way to give me their thoughts and opinions.  In return for their work, I responded with harshness, skepticism, and crassness.  I wanted more information from these people and somehow felt they owed me, when in truth it was I who was in debt to them.

After about a week the moderators decided to take some action – specifically ChrisS who publicly warned me.  Warned ME!  How dare he, I thought, I’m SnowRemover.  Instead of taking the warning to heart, I responded in a defensive manner.  More specifically, how a pre-adolescent responds to an adult who always gives in to every temper tantrum.

At this point, I’d be lying if I told you I thought I had done anything wrong.  In fact, I believed myself to be the beacon on a hill, not an instigator of arguments.  After a few days of being non-argumentative, I found myself without the capability of replying to a topic, or starting a new one.  Most logical and decent people would have taken this as a wake up call and asked what needed to be done to make amends – but not ME!  No, I am SnowRemover and I pushed back hard, writing off Private Messages to ChrisS and Marshall demanding my posting rights.  When this failed, I even threatened to come on this site with multiple identities should they not reinstitute my privileges.

To their credit, the moderators stood their ground.  To my discredit, I followed through with my plan.  I created multiple identities on the site, forcing the mods to ban these user names and the administrator (Peter) to lock out my IP Address.

Yet again, the message “You’re a jerk” was getting through.  I was SnowRemover, and I can spoof IP addresses and get around these locks.  And so I did, getting more user names, flaunting my prowess and believing I was better than the moderators on the site, better than the administrator and better than the users.

I came back as different users, but found myself, at times needing real advice.  Found myself needing AbbysGuide and its collective wisdom.  I wish I could say I had an epiphanic moment, when the light clicked on in my head and I suddenly realized what a fool I’d been, but that wasn’t the case.  It was more of a long term realization, where each day I found myself more resentful that my posts were being removed and my new identities banned, but not resentful at the mods or the administrator, instead at myself. 

If I was the great SnowRemover, why did I keep coming back here?  Why did I need your advice?  How could someone who is better than all others, need those people.  These were the questions that stewed in my head the last ten days.

And here I am, today, asking for your forgiveness.  A forgiveness that, if the shoe be on the other foot, only a few short days ago, I would not return to you.  That is the position I’m in today, asking once again for your generosity and sympathy, which I’ve already taken, used and scorned before.

The moderators here have been good enough to allow me to post this apology to you, the users, to the moderators and the administrator.  I ask for your forgiveness.

Sincerely,
SnowRemover

Replies: 31 - 40 of 50Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
robmints

Re: An Apology from SnowRemover
Reply #31   Feb 19, 2005 7:48 am
Paula wrote:
MInts

What did you do??

Paula,
I'm not real sure yet, but I'm sure she will let me know.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #32   Feb 19, 2005 9:27 am
Hats off to you KRoach - it does take a BIG person to admit their mistakes. Welcome back sir!

NONE, and I repeat, NONE OF US are perfect. NONE of us knows everything. I like to think I know quite a bit, but yet I always seem to learn something from someone else. I certainly don't know it all which humbles me. Humbleness is something it took me some time to learn & accept within myself.

I come here to share some of my knowledge & also come here to LEARN because there are some very sharp gals & guys that make up our little community. I also feel that the high quality of postings & personalities is found nowhere else. Our mods also run a great site. HATS OFF TO YOU ALL!

Lets enjoy our forum & each other. PEACE!
Marty

navihawk

Reply #33   Feb 20, 2005 9:56 pm

You know what I think.Your stuck here now. Welcome back.

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #34   Feb 20, 2005 10:04 pm
robmints wrote:
Paula,
I'm not real sure yet, but I'm sure she will let me know.

Mints

Its always nice to know where you stand...even if its quicksand..

Paula

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #35   Feb 21, 2005 8:35 am
Since we are still way below 70 x 7............welcome back!
I look forward to your productive posts.....

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
skyking3

Reply #36   Feb 21, 2005 1:57 pm
nicely written apology.........................

welcome back.........................

bill

Mang

Reply #37   Feb 21, 2005 4:28 pm
sure let him back,  we can allways ban him again , and then let him back again.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #38   Feb 21, 2005 6:31 pm
Frank, is that a new expression for He double-hockey sticks? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #39   Feb 21, 2005 6:40 pm
He is refering to Mattew Chapter 18 verse 22.  70 X7 times is the number of times Jesus tells us we must forgive our brothers who do wrong against us.

Well said Frank.....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #40   Feb 21, 2005 6:58 pm
SnowRemover,

Welcome.

Walt

Replies: 31 - 40 of 50Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42