Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 558 Series---comments?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Toro 558 Series---comments?
Original Message   Feb 16, 2005 1:35 pm
I Just Purchased A 558 Toro Z With A Turbo Force Deck. It Is A 60" Cut With A 23 Hp Kohler. Trying To Get People To Let Me Know What They Think Of These Machines. I Am Interrested In Any Pos Or Neg Comments. Not Having Much Luck Getting Comments So Far. Any Comments Are Appreciated.

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: Toro 558 Series---comments?
Reply #1   Feb 16, 2005 1:47 pm
Hi... and welcome to the OPE forum...

Is this a brand new or used purchase ?

What use will it be put to...?  Homeowner/commercial?
Total mowing area ?
Topography ?

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

robmints

Reply #2   Feb 16, 2005 6:13 pm
Never seen one or even heard of one. Had to look it up on the website. Found a 553 that fits the bill 74244.

People speak very highly of the Turbo Force.I guess that is a little of the relationship with Exmark paying off.

I have a walkbehind with a 52 SFS. It does fine by me, but I'm sure the newer stuff is better.

If you are new to Kohler, don't be suprised if you find you need to let it idle for 15-30 seconds when you shut it down hot to minimize the chance of a back-fire. I don't think the back-fire hurts anything, but it can be loud.
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #3   Feb 18, 2005 1:24 pm
Sorry It's a 553 series

mrmom

Reply #4   Feb 18, 2005 2:10 pm
I was going to say the same thing that Robmints said about the backfiring. Our swedish rider has a 15hp Kohler that does exactly that.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42