Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What's you favorite Cordless Drill?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

What's you favorite Cordless Drill?
Original Message   Feb 12, 2005 10:02 pm
I'm looking for one around 14-18 volts. There a lot of models to choose from, just curious about which model others like? I would kind of like to spend no more than $100

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
Replies: 21 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Le_Quebecois

The best thing to keep an engine in good shape is to starting it once a week all year long.

Re: What's you favorite Cordless Drill?
Reply #21   Feb 14, 2005 4:07 pm
Black and Decker has very good product now with the competition skill, Millwaukee, etc they need to impove a lot and the price is good too only one thing battery pack are very fragile they could crack very easy in cold weater if you drop it. But globaly I prefer them to the others

I love my wife
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #22   Feb 14, 2005 4:52 pm
I have used and owned I think all, of the above mentioned.  I am 100% partial to Milwaukee tools.  You can p/u an 18volt hammer drill driver for about $130.  Lots of deals all the time trhat you can get a nice combo package, i.e. sawzall ,drill, flashlight, etc. cheap.  Of the other choices mentioned, I would put Dewalt in 2nd place.  Other off/cheaper brands will get ya by, but treat them like a disposable lighter, they can and will break fairly easily under moderate use.  In my business I'm a heavy user, and MIL stands up better than the rest IMHO. 
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #23   Feb 14, 2005 5:34 pm
Incidently, if you find MILwaukee and or Dewalt are more than you wanna spend, the next step down, that would be an adequate average homeowner use, is Porter Cable.  Alot of my installers use them w/ good results. 
skippertoo

Reply #24   Feb 14, 2005 6:08 pm
Go with 18 volt but not less than 14.4. Dewalt is best overall in my opinion but if you don't really use it a lot Ryobi is probable good enough. My wife bought me one of those sets (the works) for Christmas and so far I am very happy.
Replies: 21 - 24 of 24Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42