Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snow blower differential slipping?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MarDawgvt

Snow blower differential slipping?
Original Message   Oct 17, 2019 2:43 pm
All, I have a 28" DR snow blower that will not move forward or reverse. With thanks to search results I have done the adjustments - tire pressure, skid height, scraper height and all of those things mostly found for the Ariens blowers When I run the blower, the plate is spinning, when I pull the leaver the friction plate engages and runs the axle that runs the pinion gear and it turns the differential gear but the axles don't move. I can push and pull the blower forward and back freely so I know the axles are not frozen. is it possible that the differential is bad? Is there any kind of adjustment? thanks for your help.
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
MarDawgvt

Re: Snow blower differential slipping?
Reply #2   Oct 21, 2019 12:25 pm
Thanks for the reply the blower is a DR Power Snow Blower Pro 24 ON the outside of the tire and rim there is a pin that goes through the wheel rim and goes through the axle. is that what you were talking about? I also see that I misidentified it as a 28 inch - apologies.
This message was modified Oct 21, 2019 by MarDawgvt
ajallen

Re: Snow blower differential slipping?
Reply #3   Oct 22, 2019 11:40 am
The parts diagram for a Pro 24 shows that the wheels are keyed to  the axle if the key is missing it will not drive the wheels.  You need to remove the wheel assy and check for the key if it isn't there you will need to get them. 401691 KEY-FLAT 6X4X45 DR-SB1
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42