Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro PowerMax 726 late to the party

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
trouts2

Toro PowerMax 726 late to the party
Original Message   Dec 31, 2011 8:21 am
   While googling around for parts compatibility I came across a machine I never new existed.  A two stroke two stage Toro 726.model 38610 which I think is also called a PowerMax 6000..   Never knew this thing existed or any two stage with a two stroke.  It's been around for a while.  The model I looked at was made from 2004-2008 and had two stroke and four stroke versions.

The two stroke version used an R-Tek 141cc running at 4000 +- 250RPM
Auger at 123
Impeller at 1228

Anyone have one of these things?  What's it like?

Another interesting point:

It looks like the model came in 26 inch and 28 inch buckets.  The 26 had the two stroke and pin locking wheels.  The 28 inch I think had a four stroke and could come with the Toro trigger wheel locking drive.  The wheel locking drive looks very similar to the design MTD used for many years. Credit MTD with being first in innovation and Toro following MTD's lead. 

Low level MTD had a few features that were nice the big guns did not have.  They had axles on roller bearings and a very nice feature of dual belts for the auger drive, something Ariens went to in the last few years after many user complaints of slippage. 
This message was modified Dec 31, 2011 by trouts2
Replies: 17 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
superbuick

Re: Toro PowerMax 726 late to the party
Reply #17   Feb 27, 2019 3:08 pm
Blowman wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I haven't found anyone but here that knows anything about a 726te. I bought one this fall for $175. I thought I'd take a chance and buy it being it was cheap I wouldn't be out much. Wow! what a crazy blower. The blowman was blown away. After a recent 6"-7" snowfall I accidentally filled my neighbor's driveway accross the street. The throwing distance is great. Only downside is it uses quite a bit of gas and I use Toro 2 cycle so I'll have to order more 2 cycle oil. All in all I believe I stole this machine for $175. My neighbor accross the street just bought a new cub cadet 3 stage and I think I can easily out blow him. Mine never bogs down and has top end to spare. Very happy with the 726 te.

Its a really strong blower - I love it. There is a snow blower forum online also that has some discussions around it too. Seems to be very universally regarded as a rare sleeper that folks try to grab whenever they can find one. I found one in Vermont and restored it for my brother-in-law for his first snowblower after he bought a house.
Replies: 17 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42