Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 926LE Power Loss

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
GPTJ

Ariens 926LE Power Loss
Original Message   Feb 20, 2019 8:39 pm
The machine is a 2005 and in the last 2 years seems to have lost power. Cleaned the carb a few times and recently put a new carb. Checked the intake and exhaust valve clearance and had .006 on intake and .003 on exhaust. Figuring .003 isn’t in spec but not 0 I tried the new carb. Started right up but I can see a blue flame out the exhaust and it is red hot. I figure the exhaust valve is leaking when the engine gets hot and the valve expands thermally. Do you think I am due to grind the valve to get clearance and lap the valves? I am just worried about breaking a bolt taking the head off. Thanks and any advice is appreciated. GP
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42