Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New to me Remington PL-5 chainsaw

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
55utilitysedan

New to me Remington PL-5 chainsaw
Original Message   Jul 6, 2018 7:29 pm
A barn find sent to a recycle center given to me. After 3 weeks of work it now starts and runs really well for a 50+ year old machine. This 65.5 c.c. beast requires 16:1 oil mix, Usually I run 40:1 in all of my two cycles ( going down to 20:1 very well ). The PL-5 now is running on my 40:1 gas mixture. Is it alright with our fuel presently and the two cycle oil we have presently to run it on 40:1?? It sure runs smooth with not much smoke but I don't want to hurt it after all my work. This is now my oldest chainsaw, my newest is a McCulloch 310 I bought in 1979. This one was very hard to find any parts for...…..what a headache...….Peter
This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42