Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How does the primer work on a 305 cc briggs? Hard starting.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Tubby

How does the primer work on a 305 cc briggs? Hard starting.
Original Message   Dec 28, 2017 7:39 pm
I can huff into the tube for the primer line going down into the bowl on my snapper blower powered by a 305 cc 1450 series briggs. The line is intact, it seems to be blowing without resistance into the carb bowl when I disconnect it and huff on it. At any rate, it does not feel like the primer is doing anything, and the only way to get this thing started is with the electric starter. Runs great after that, and can even start by hand if warm.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Tubby

Re: How does the primer work on a 305 cc briggs? Hard starting.
Reply #1   Dec 28, 2017 7:46 pm
When I blow in the tube, I can hear the gas bubbling in the bowl. Is the float level too low?
Tubby

Reply #2   Dec 28, 2017 7:55 pm
Oooops. Never mind. Found a small hole in the primer bulb. I assume that must be my issue!
Tubby

Reply #3   Dec 28, 2017 10:01 pm
Shoe goo glue fixed it until I get the replacement part.
She fires up with one pull again! Woot!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42