Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Update: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series Toro Timemaster (finally the 1000 series engine will be standard)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slinger

Update: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series Toro Timemaster (finally the 1000 series engine will be standard)
Original Message   Apr 3, 2014 10:48 am
Mower has this engine but is underpowered. Anyone know if the 1000 series (10 ft.-lbs. gross torque) 223cc engine has the same mounting hole pattern / crankshaft dimensions? It's in the same family and weighs about the same, but can't find the dimensional drawings for it. These are the only specs I can find:<BR><BR>Engine Displacement (cc)<BR> 223 <BR>Number of Cylinders<BR> Single <BR>Engine Configuration<BR> Vertical Shaft <BR>Engine Technology<BR> OHV <BR>Length (in)<BR> 15.8 <BR>Width (in)<BR> 13.4 <BR>Height (in) <BR>10.1 <BR>Weight (lbs)<BR> 31.0 <BR>Bore (in)<BR> 2.91 <BR>Stroke (in)<BR> 2.04 <BR>Engine Fuel<BR> Gasoline <BR>Fuel Tank Capacity (gallons)<BR> 0.3 <BR>Lubrication System<BR> Dura-Lube Splash Lubrication <BR>Oil Capacity (oz)<BR> 18 <BR>Oil Filter<BR> Optional <BR>Starter<BR> ReadyStart <BR>Air Filter<BR> Dual-Sealing Commercial-Grade Air Cleaner <BR>Muffler<BR> Super Lo-Tone <BR>Fuel Shutoff Valve<BR> Optional <BR>
This message was modified Oct 18, 2016 by slinger
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Toolz

Re: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series
Reply #5   Apr 27, 2017 6:42 am
Hello All, I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone found the answer to this question. My 875 on my Toro is on its last leg. I would like to replace it with the Briggs 1000 series. Its this possible? Thanks in advance
slinger

Re: Update: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series Toro Timemaster (finally the 1000 series engine will be standard)
Reply #6   Jun 24, 2017 10:31 am
After using my Timemaster 30" for 6 1/2 years now I gave up on getting this question answered, especially since my stock 190cc B&S Professional Series engine still works fine. What I have done to tweak the performance is to bump the rpm up by about 200-300 rpm and use the blades from the commercial version of this mower which provide a much better cut for me. I mulch high at 3" to 3 1/2" and the extra lift of these blades makes the grass stand up better for a cleaner cut for me, even though they are said to be more effective for bagging. I would not want an engine now that would make the mower much heavier, as it is a bit bulky to maneuver in tight areas. I find that I must mow more often as you should anyway when you are mulching, but as long as I do that I no longer get any bogging down on the motor now, especially with slightly higher rpm. I use synthetic oil to try to compensate for any excessive wear caused by minimally greater revs of the motor. The thing runs great, although it is a bit loud.
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42