Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Update: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series Toro Timemaster (finally the 1000 series engine will be standard)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
slinger

Update: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series Toro Timemaster (finally the 1000 series engine will be standard)
Original Message   Apr 3, 2014 10:48 am
Mower has this engine but is underpowered. Anyone know if the 1000 series (10 ft.-lbs. gross torque) 223cc engine has the same mounting hole pattern / crankshaft dimensions? It's in the same family and weighs about the same, but can't find the dimensional drawings for it. These are the only specs I can find:<BR><BR>Engine Displacement (cc)<BR> 223 <BR>Number of Cylinders<BR> Single <BR>Engine Configuration<BR> Vertical Shaft <BR>Engine Technology<BR> OHV <BR>Length (in)<BR> 15.8 <BR>Width (in)<BR> 13.4 <BR>Height (in) <BR>10.1 <BR>Weight (lbs)<BR> 31.0 <BR>Bore (in)<BR> 2.91 <BR>Stroke (in)<BR> 2.04 <BR>Engine Fuel<BR> Gasoline <BR>Fuel Tank Capacity (gallons)<BR> 0.3 <BR>Lubrication System<BR> Dura-Lube Splash Lubrication <BR>Oil Capacity (oz)<BR> 18 <BR>Oil Filter<BR> Optional <BR>Starter<BR> ReadyStart <BR>Air Filter<BR> Dual-Sealing Commercial-Grade Air Cleaner <BR>Muffler<BR> Super Lo-Tone <BR>Fuel Shutoff Valve<BR> Optional <BR>
This message was modified Oct 18, 2016 by slinger
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
slinger

Toro Timemaster finally gets a bit more power....
Reply #4   Oct 15, 2016 12:20 am
Well I don't want to say I told you so... but Toro just announced that the new Timemaster will have the engine I suggested (above) 2 years ago. They are putting the Briggs Professional series 223cc 10.0 torque power engine on this mower. Don't know when it will be available but Toro has released video confirming this.
This message was modified Oct 18, 2016 by slinger
Toolz

Re: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series
Reply #5   Apr 27, 2017 6:42 am
Hello All, I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if anyone found the answer to this question. My 875 on my Toro is on its last leg. I would like to replace it with the Briggs 1000 series. Its this possible? Thanks in advance
slinger

Re: Update: Briggs vertical shaft engine 875 series Toro Timemaster (finally the 1000 series engine will be standard)
Reply #6   Jun 24, 2017 10:31 am
After using my Timemaster 30" for 6 1/2 years now I gave up on getting this question answered, especially since my stock 190cc B&S Professional Series engine still works fine. What I have done to tweak the performance is to bump the rpm up by about 200-300 rpm and use the blades from the commercial version of this mower which provide a much better cut for me. I mulch high at 3" to 3 1/2" and the extra lift of these blades makes the grass stand up better for a cleaner cut for me, even though they are said to be more effective for bagging. I would not want an engine now that would make the mower much heavier, as it is a bit bulky to maneuver in tight areas. I find that I must mow more often as you should anyway when you are mulching, but as long as I do that I no longer get any bogging down on the motor now, especially with slightly higher rpm. I use synthetic oil to try to compensate for any excessive wear caused by minimally greater revs of the motor. The thing runs great, although it is a bit loud.
Replies: 4 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42